Maintenance Technician - Heavy Mobile Equipment
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Golconda, NV looking for a
Heavy Mobile Equipment, Maintenance Technician (Mechanical/Electrical Experience)
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions, the leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry, currently has an opening for a Contract Maintenance Technician (Mechanical and Electrical) at the Golconda, NV location.
Key performance areas
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of mechanical and electrical aspects of equipment and components according to defined specifications at a contract work site. This position will report to the Maintenance Project Coordinator.
This role is expected to be based out of Golconda NV, with a regular work week to be 7x7 shift (84 hours), one week on / one week off, rotating day shift/night shift. Site location will be Turquoise Ridge, as part of the Artisan project team.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Follows scopes of work within time constraints to meet equipment costs, utilization and availability targets
- Inspects equipment for proper performance and determines faults and malfunctions
- Adjust equipment & repair/replace defective parts components or systems according to scopes of work
- Tests repaired equipment to ensure proper operational performance
- Completes accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, and parts lists
- Actively participates in continuous improvement initiatives
- Stays current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices
- Builds sound relationships with the contracts team and internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations and customer satisfaction
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned by Lead Hand or Supervisor
Safety and Environment
- Complies with SMC safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements
- Responsibility to identify and report any unsafe work habits, workplace incidents and / or near misses
- Maintains hand tools and equipment to ensure safe operation
- Maintains orderly workshop and ensures housekeeping requirements are met
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in accordance with Company Values and current Company Policies and Procedures
- Undertakes self-training and development as required
You possess a Technical certification or diploma in mechanical or electrical field. Minimum 3-5 years related experience with industry-specific equipment. Strong focus in the role for support to complete electric haul truck equipment fleet.
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Ability to comprehend related electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Ability to work as part of an integrated, broad team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong active listening skills
- Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative
- Ability to develop knowledge of customer business processes in relation to product rebuild
- Developed time management and organizational skills
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work varied shift schedule and travel to and from remote sites
- Capability to work in an underground environment
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers for the Contract Maintenance Technician (Mechanical and Electrical) position, Job Req. ID# R0031039.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set