Workshop Service Lead and Technician
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Juneau, AK looking for a
Workshop Service Lead and Technician
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions, the leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry, currently has an opening for a Workshop Service Lead and Technician at the Juneau, AK location.
Key performance areas:
The Workshop Service Lead and Technician is responsible for planning, resourcing and management of identified services across an area of responsibility. Additionally, in a dual role, perform troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of mechanical and electrical aspects of equipment and components according to defined job order.
Additionally, the Workshop Service Lead and Technician will:
- Assist in Business Growth and Development
- Supervise people, service offerings and capabilities consistent with identified customer needs and product technologies.
- Manages resources to meet utilization targets and capacity requirements.
- Collaborates with contracts team to satisfy resourcing requirements.
- Provides input into strategic plans for the continued expansion of services and capabilities within the area of responsibility.
- Follows scopes of work within time constraints to meet equipment costs, utilization and availability targets.
- Inspects equipment for proper performance and determines faults and malfunctions.
- Adjust equipment & repair/replace defective parts components or systems according to scopes of work.
- Tests repaired equipment to ensure proper operational performance.
- Completes accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, and parts lists.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Stays current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices.
- Manages cost base in accordance with budget.
- Manages resource utilization within agreed targets.
- Ensures adequate customer response times and resource availability.
- Ensures customer satisfaction within area of primary responsibility.
People Management and Development
- Hires, coaches, motivates, trains, evaluates and directs team members to accomplish defined goals and objectives.
- Ensures proper on-boarding of new personnel in accordance with Company procedures.
- Manages resources to deliver internal projects and customer projects on time and within budget.
Safety and Environment
- Complies with Sandvik safety policies, customer safety policies, applicable government policies, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Identifies and reports any unsafe work habits, workplace incidents and / or near misses.
- Ensures compliance with environmental, health and safety requirements for team in area of responsibility.
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in accordance with Company Values and current Company Policies and Procedures.
- Undertakes self-training and development as required.
You possess Associates Degree of College diploma in a mechanical or electrical discipline. Minimum 7 years’ experience with related industry equipment. Experience with Mining industry specific equipment, preferably underground. Business management experience preferred.
- Ability to lead a team to achieve required targets
- Strong Written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage changing priorities
- Business acumen
- Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative
- Highly developed time management and organizational skills
- Computer literacy
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers for the Warehouse Technician position, Job Req. ID# R0030916.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set