Sandvik Special Metals, a production unit in Sandvik Metals Technology is a leader in manufacturing of seamless titanium tubing used in the aerospace and recreational markets.. We have an immediate opening for a Production Manager, located in Kennewick, WA.
This position is responsible to organize and effectively implement the company business plan and manage its daily operation. The Production Manager is responsible to define plan, set goals and manage the production process in order to fulfill the company business plan. This includes manning, quality, E, H &S, and costs controls. Success will be measured by improved safety, quality, productivity, employee satisfaction as well as profitability, and other financial measurements.
Key Performance Areas:
- Ensure all safety standards are strictly followed
- Achieve overall plant productivity and quality goals
- Ensure that procedures in the Quality Management System are followed and data is appropriately recorded
- Minimize lead times and manage the production inventories
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensure continuous development of skills and competencies throughout the organization
- Encourage teamwork and collaboration
- Manage capacity and detail production planning to meet market demand
- Report on operational performance
- Secure proper maintenance of the production and company assets
Other tasks or assignments as required by management. All employees are responsible for participating, supporting, and maintaining compliance with the company’s Quality, Environmental, and Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems, policies, procedures, programs, and activities as defined within the company’s published management system documentation.
- 8-10 years of experience in manufacturing field; preferably in the metal tubing industry. Knowledgeable in non-ferrous metals and metal forming principles is beneficial.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience.
- BA/BS in Business or Engineering. (Additional equivalent experience could replace a portion of the educational requirement.)
- Ability to Travel and represent SSM at technical conferences and meetings. Work in standard office conditions and on the production floor as needed.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
Deadline: Not set