Dedicated Maintenance Planner
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is seeking a
Dedicated Maintenance Planner
Location: Lively, ON or Vancouver, BC
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. Our offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
The Dedicated Maintenance Planner is responsible for the maintenance planning processes to achieve customer satisfaction internally and externally and ensure compliance with contractual requirements and good preventative maintenance practices.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Coordinates the development and implementation of mobile maintenance lifecycle plans and consistent application of these plans for all Regional sites to ensure compliance with contractual agreement.
- Provides feedback to the sites’ Engineering Support Groups in order to optimize the existing computer maintenance management systems (CMMS) in conjunction with the Global Planning Group.
- Ensures that mobile fleet is maintained to a standard that preserves the integrity of the equipment and does not compromise the safe operation of the equipment in conjunction with the site engineering support group.
- Ensures that plans and drawings for mobile equipment are maintained in a central location.
- Ensures all components and maintenance are tracked through the CMMS where applicable.
- Issues updates to maintenance lifecycle schedules for all mobile fleets in conjunction with customer.
- Assist the site Project Manager’s and planners by providing technical advice, data, and history where possible.
- Assists Project Managers and/or Central Planners with analysis and reporting of maintenance information.
- Coordinates costing data for future development of the contract globally.
- Manage customer’s Equipment Delivery Processes including but not limited to new, used, rentals, bridge units and/or rebuilds.
- Supply chain review of Equipment Delivery Processes (EDP) to ensure parts are in required locations.
- In relation to the EDP, responsible for reviewing technical support and maintenance kits forecasting.
- Reviews the maintenance costs regularly in close liaison with the Project Manager to continually improve cost efficiencies for the contract.
Safety and Environment
- Complies with Sandvik safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Responsibility to identify and report any unsafe work habits, workplace incidents and/or near misses.
- Ensures compliance with environmental, health and safety requirements for team in area of responsibility.
- Maintains orderly work area and ensures housekeeping requirements are met.
- Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Project management or Logistics
- 5+ years maintenance planning experience within the heavy equipment industry
- Technical knowledge and understanding of heavy-duty mining equipment
- Strong computer systems literacy
- Strong report writing skills
- Knowledge of Mine Health and Safety Regulations
- Superior standard of interpersonal skills, which will contribute to teamwork, is required
- Ability to work as part of an integrated, broad team
- An in depth understanding of customer business processes
- Superior customer relations skills
- Highly developed time management and organizational skills
- High level of initiative, drive, and determination to achieve goals and targets set for customer satisfaction
Compensation and Benefits
Sandvik offers an excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits as well as ongoing development and training.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Dedicated Maintenance Planner job opening #R0028830. We thank all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Sandvik welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: Jun 22