Maintenance Assistant - W1
Assembly of a machine: modules, electrics, hydraulics
Key Performance Areas
- Ocular inspection of the quality and validity of the delivered materials for the work (delivered by logistics operations).
- Sub-assembly work consists of smaller entities; it is variable and repetitive.
- Module assembly puts together entities from sub-assembly and other items.
- Final assembly work starts by getting to know the details of the order: tailored production structure, basic machine structure, parts catalogue and options required.
- Assembly work may take place either in bay or line assembly.
- Final assembly puts together entities from sub-assembly, module assembly and other items.
- Final assembly ends in initialization: liquids required, oils and fuels are fueled up, and platform, pressure switch and relief valve adjusted.
- Any defects found are fixed.
- Basic tools, tension indicators, people lift, bridge crane and other hoisting aid among others are utilized in assembly work.
- Inspection record is written upon the assembly work, parts list and pictures required are uploaded from the Team center (or an equal system/database).
- In case of shortage of parts or lacking quality, a report is enrolled in quality and/or respective database.
- Assembly work requires co-operation with other stakeholders: engineering, buyers, pre-assembly, production supervision and quality control.
- Grade 12 (Matric) or equivalent qualification
- Computer literacy will be advantageous
- Maintenance experience (5 years)
- English proficiency
- Trackless mining experience (advantageous)
- Fault finding /hydraulic / PLC, remote control offerings will be advantageous.
- Underground mining environment, maintaining of earth moving equipment
How to apply
Please apply online through the Sandvik website www.home.sandvik/en/careers.
If you don’t receive feedback from us within 14 days deem your application unsuccessful.
Applications close: 02 December 2021
If you have any further queries, please contact us on 0800 331 331
We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for your professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers.
Deadline: Dec 2