Sandvik Materials Technology in Clarks Summit, PA is looking for a
If you are motivated and adaptable, and have a passion for excellence, Sandvik Materials Technology wants to speak with you!
Sandvik Materials Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a world-leading manufacturer of high value-added products in advanced stainless steels, special alloys, as well as metallic and ceramic resistance materials for the most demanding industries. Its cutting-edge expertise is based on an integrated production platform and world-leading metallurgy and R&D.
Key Performance Areas
This position is responsible for performing janitorial and housekeeping duties throughout the facility as well as assisting the Maintenance Department as necessary.
Additionally, the Porter will:
- Ensure proper cleaning of all facilities.
- Ensure maximum efficiency is achieved and maintained.
- Ability to operate a forklift and crane to assist maintenance personnel.
- Use of basic battery operated, electric and hand tools.
- Participate in relevant training in current technology and techniques.
- Other duties or tasks assigned by management.
This position requires a High School Diploma or equivalent (Additional equivalent experience could replace a portion of the educational requirement). Previous production experience preferred but not required.
The Porter should possess:
- The incumbent should expect to work in a manufacturing environment with moving machinery.
- Hearing protection and steel-toed shoes/boots/hard hats etc. required when working in production areas.
- Must have the ability to push/pull/carry/lift objects weighing up to approximately 70 lbs.
- Ability to work any shift.
- Must have the ability to work overtime when needed.
- Sitting/standing/walking for long periods of time.
- Long periods of concentration and attention to detail.
- Organization of multiple simultaneous priorities.
- Ability to react to constant change.
- Ability to work alone or with a team.
- The ability to manage demanding timelines and changes in priorities.
- Perform in constantly changing, multi-cultural team environment.
- English is the primary language of Sandvik. The use of secondary languages may be required in keeping with the local culture.
- Basic computer skills.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401 (k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/careers.com for the Porter position in Clarks Summit, PA Job Req. ID # R0028754.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set