Business Support (Procurement) Apprentice
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology in Ballygawley are looking for a Business Support (Procurement) Apprentice
Sandvik is a high-tech, global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We have world - leading positions in selected areas - tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for the mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials as well as process systems. The Group has about 37,000 employees and representation in approximately 160 countries.
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. While discussing the best solution for you today, we are already thinking ahead to the best solution for you tomorrow. Our proactive career planning ensures that your performance is recognised and offers various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
ARE YOU A PROLEM SOLVER? DO YOU EVER WONDER HOW THINGS WORK?
WE LIKE THAT ABOUT YOU
Business Support (Procurement) Apprentice (x1)
As a Business Support Apprentice at Sandvik you will be working in our Procurement Team.
- To train as a Business Support Apprentice - Directly Responsible to the Strategic Procurement Manager
- To undertake a structured training program of academic study and business support work to gain the required skills and knowledge to support the improvements in our Business Units performance.
- Work independently and within a team, to undertake tasks to contribution to the procurement team.
- Expediting deliveries
- Raising purchase orders
- Negotiating with suppliers
- Producing supplier performance reports
- Creating forecasts for suppliers
- Participating in supplier audits
- Learning the importance of Health and Safety within the workplace
- To maintain a smart appearance and to act in a professional manner at all times whether on site or at the South West College.
Hours of work Mon-Thurs 8am-5pm and Fri 8am-1pm
- Working on a business-related qualification
- Outgoing with good communication skills
- IT proficient
- Good attention to detail
- Focused on delivering results
In return for your passion and drive we will offer you
- The opportunity to be make an impact on our Divisions performance.
- The opportunity to be part of an ambitious team, in an industry leading business.
- The opportunity to coach and develop others.
- Access to a global Learning & Development Network
- Excellent compensation & benefits package, with flexible working opportunities.
Where others see many, we see you – personally. We recognize and value your passion and personality. How to apply? Please apply directly via sandvikcareers.com quoting reference the reference R0028622 for further information regarding the recruitment process contact HR Department on 028 85567799.
Closing date Friday 18th June @ 5pm.
Deadline: Jun 18