Operations Field Support
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Operations Field Support – WA region
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. In 2020, the Sandvik Group had approximately 37,000 employees in more than 160 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We are seeking motivated and customer focused individuals for the role of Operations Field Support. The role is based at our client mine site and will see you engaged in direct customer service and Rock tools (ROTO) operational/coordination activities at a variety of mine sites. Our staff provide you with comprehensive training to set you up to succeed. This presents you the opportunity to learn and apply Sandvik specific knowledge and services in support of mining customers. In turn, potential career opportunities include promotion to higher operations levels, or career paths to other roles such as sales, service, supervisory or management positions.
Some of the requirements of the role include:
- Managing drilling consumables inventories to drill sites
- Undertaking daily deliveries (a valid HR truck driver’s license is needed) and stock replenishment to sites (surface)
- Analysing and reporting on drilling consumable performance, condition and failures
- Positively engaging with our client’s mining operators
- Sorting, analysing, recording and recycling used drill bits
- Repairs and reconditioning of hammers
- Timely data entry and record keeping
- Valid manual HR Drivers license.
- High Risk Work License – Dogman and Forklift or be able to work towards attainment
- FIFO roster reliability (8 days on/6 days off – 12 hour days)
- Fitness / Capacity for work (employment medicals arranged by Sandvik required).
- Ability to pass a Police clearance and drug test.
- High Customer focus and positive service orientation and attitude
- Able to perform independently and in teams.
- Adaptable and resilient.
You will have aptitude for learning and the ability to engage in labour intensive work; you have receptiveness to training and guidance; safety behaviours; and, effective communication and collaboration skills. These will be the foundation of your progression to the ROTO activities you will be required to perform.
Agencies need not apply.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
What we offer
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- Flexibility to work from home
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options
- 12% Superannuation on top of all earnings (if you choose)
- Company Performance Bonus scheme
- Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave
- Training and development opportunities
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
07 3621 1823
Applications close: 18 June 2021 or sooner if the right applicant is found
Deadline: Not set