Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology in Ballygawley are looking for Manufacturing Apprentice’s (x6)
Sandvik is a high-tech, global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We have world - leading positions in selected areas - tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for the mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials as well as process systems. The Group has about 37,000 employees and representation in approximately 160 countries.
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. While discussing the best solution for you today, we are already thinking ahead to the best solution for you tomorrow. Our proactive career planning ensures that your performance is recognised and offers various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
ARE YOU A PROLEM SOLVER? DO YOU EVER WONDER HOW THINGS WORK?
WE LIKE THAT ABOUT YOU
Manufacturing Apprentice (x6)
As a Manufacturing Apprentice at Sandvik you will work across the business, working on the main assembly line and in our sub assembly centres building powerunits, conveyors, crushers, screen boxes and feeders for our machines.
- To train as a Manufacturing Apprentice - Directly Responsible to a Manufacturing Team Leader
- To undertake a structured training program of academic study and production floor work to gain the required skills and knowledge to support the improvements in our Production Unit.
- Observing, learning and understanding a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled staff.
- Work independently and within a team, to undertake tasks to contribution to the manufacturing team.
- To undertake and successfully complete suitable college courses throughout the training period, achieving the academic grades and practical skills to entitle yearly progression leading to the award of a suitable level 2 (HNC) qualification in engineering.
- Learning the importance of Health and Safety within the workplace.
- Develop the skills to construct sub assembly or main assembly components from verbal instructions and drawings to a high degree of precision.
- To maintain a logbook over the duration of the apprenticeship period, recording areas worked in, skills learnt, and projects undertaken.
- To maintain a smart appearance and to act in a professional manner at all times whether on site or at the South West College.
Hours of Work Mon-Thurs 7am-4pm and Fri 7am-1pm
- For skilled Apprentice- Over 16 with 3 GCSE’s (A* TO C)
In return for your passion and drive we will offer you
- The opportunity to be make an impact on our Divisions performance.
- The opportunity to be part of an ambitious team, in an industry leading business.
- The opportunity to coach and develop others.
- Access to a global Learning & Development Network
- Excellent compensation & benefits package, with flexible working opportunities.
Where others see many, we see you – personally. We recognize and value your passion and personality. How to apply? Please apply directly via sandvikcareers.com quoting reference the reference R0028058 for further information regarding the recruitment process contact HR Department on 028 85567799.
Closing date Friday 18th June @ 5pm.
Deadline: Jun 18