Service Operations Manager - Western Canada
- Deadline: 20 May
- Country: Canada
- Location: British Columbia, Leduc, Alberta
- Job-ID: R0027468
- Job category: Manufacturing
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is seeing a
Service Operations Manager
Location: Western Canada
For over 150 years the name Sandvik has been synonymous with quality and customer focus. Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry. Our offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
We are currently seeking a Service Operations Manager to join our team who will be responsible for the planning, resourcing and management of identified services across an assigned territory (Western Canada).
- Managing and developing the people, service offerings and capabilities consistent with identified customer needs and product technologies
- Managing resources to meet utilization targets and capacity requirements.
- Developing and enhancing the overall relationship with customers that lead to constructive and profitable business partnerships
- Collaborating with contracts team to satisfy resourcing requirements
- Providing input into strategic plans for the continued expansion of services and capabilities within the area of responsibility
- Working closely with Product Line Managers to plan and provide training for new products.
- Managing cost base in accordance with budget
- Ensuring implementation of appropriate financial controls
- Managing resource utilization within agreed targets
- Ensures adequate customer response times and resource availability
- Ensuring customer satisfaction within area of primary responsibility
- Hiring, coaching, motivating, training, evaluating and directing team members to accomplish defined goals and objectives
- Ensuring participation in the technical training program and development of required skills
- Managing resources to deliver internal projects and customer projects on time and within budget
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Education:
- Technical Degree in related discipline.
- Red Seal Heavy Duty Equipment license (or equivalent) considered an asset
- Ten years of relevant mining industry experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to motivate others to achieve outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficiency (MS Office)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Environmental Health and Safety
- Adhere to the Sandvik Environmental, Health & Safety policy.
- Attend Environmental, Health and Safety related trainings.
- Perform risk assessments (“Take Five”) prior to each task.
- Identification and reporting of hazards when relevant
- Wear the required personal protective equipment (PPE) assigned for each task.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive compensation package including a retirement savings plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits, ongoing development and training.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Service Operations Manager – Western Canada, Job Requisition #R0027468.
We thank all applicants for their response, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Sandvik welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process .
Deadline: 20 May