Quality & Testing Technician
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Alachua, Florida
- Job-ID: R0027313
- Job category: Manufacturing
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology in Alachua, FL is looking for
Quality and Testing Technician
Are you a Quality and Testing Technician who wants to develop your career in the field of mining? If you have Quality and Testing experience in the mining industry and a background in heavy equipment, drilling and blasting, Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology wants to speak with you!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
The Quality & Testing Technician will validate the mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and software functionalities of rotary drilling equipment.
Additionally, the Quality and Testing Technician will be responsible for:
- Checks specifications sheet to determine required assembly and special options.
- Interpret prints and hydraulic/electrical schematics for the assembly, testing and troubleshooting of large assemblies.
- Ensures connections for correct fit, fastening parts and sub-assembles per customer specifications.
- Resolves assembly problems and/or reports to Supervisor for assistance.
- Maintains clean and safe working environment in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to industry quality and safety standards.
- Ensure rigs meet customer expectations and deadlines.
- Ensures the equipment is compliant with safety, functionality and quality according to specs.
- Comply with policies, guidelines, regulatory requirements and meet objectives per Sandvik Alachua Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Demonstrate respect and commitment to the IMS System (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 taking accountability for its effectiveness and continual improvement
- Attitude in line with company values.
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Meticulous and diligent attributes.
- Great team player with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A rudimentary understanding of LEAN manufacturing and reporting.
- Ability to troubleshoot or willingness to learn Canbus system.
- Proficient in hydraulic system diagnostics, electrical system diagnostics.
- Ability to read hydraulic and electrical schematics and use fluid and load testing tools.
- Ability to troubleshoot with no guidance.
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment.
The Quality & Testing Technician must have a minimum 2 years working as a technician, high school diploma or GED preferred. In addition, prefer Electrical Certification or similar and/or Welder Certification.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Quality & Testing Technician position, Job Req. ID # R0027313.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set