Industrial Assembler II - 2nd Shift (Electrician)
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Alachua, FL is looking for
Industrial Assembler II – 2nd Shift (Electrician)
Are you an Industrial Assembler who wants to develop your career in the field of mining? If you have Industrial Assembler experience in the mining industry and a background in heavy equipment, drilling and blasting, Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions wants to speak with you!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
As the Industrial Assembler II (Electrician), you will assemble large and heavy parts to complete sub-assemblies and drilling rigs using hand tools, power tools and other specialized equipment. You will be expected to perform a variety of specialized assembly operations including electrical, welding and/or mechanical.
Additionally, the Industrial Assembler II is responsible for:
- Coordinate with supervision and inspection to ensure compliance with internal and paperwork, sign-off’s and quality inspection.
- Promote high standards of quality through instruction and by setting a good example for others to follow.
- Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools.
- Check specification sheet to determine required assembly and special options.
- Check stock bins for adequate supplies or sub-assemblies, parts and fasteners.
- Contact Warehouse Supervisor if shortages exist or incorrect parts are in bins.
- Check power and hand tools for correct operation.
- Assemble components using power and hand tools.
- Ensure connections for correct fit, fastening parts and sub-assemblies per customer specifications.
- Resolve assembly problems and/or reports to Supervisor for assistance.
- Maintain clean and safe working environment in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Handle other tasks as assigned by Team Leader or Supervisor.
- Demonstrate respect and commitment to the IMS System (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018) taking accountability for its effectiveness and continued improvements.
The Industrial Assembler II will have a High School Diploma or GED. Must possess some mechanical and/or electrical background and have knowledge of basic hand tools.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Industrial Assembler II -2nd Shift (Electrician) position, Job Req. ID # R0027240.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set