Fire Suppression Technician
- Deadline: 29 May
- Country: Australia
- Location: Perth WA, Western Australia, Kalgoorlie WA, Western Australia
- Job-ID: R0027038
- Job category: Manufacturing
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. In 2020, the Sandvik Group had approximately 37,000 employees in more than 160 countries.
Due to expansion of our operations we require 2 Fire Suppression Technicians to join and lead our field service team.
Areas of responsibility
- Install and maintain fire suppression systems in the workshop and in the field (Internal Sandvik product accredited certification will be provided)
- Perform fault diagnosis, maintain and install Fire Suppression systems
- Work effectively either in a team environment or autonomously
- Be highly developed in your communication and interpersonal skills
- Assist with machine audits/inspections
- Support technicians from other regions and assist in training
- Basic computer literacy incl. E-mail, Microsoft Excel and Word is required
- Valid driver’s license is compulsory
- Experience on a mine site is looked upon favorably
- Ability to pass full medical, drug & alcohol test, reference checks and police clearance.
In return, you will receive full on the job training on Mobile Fire Suppression systems and will receive qualifications accredited by the Fire Protection Association (FPA).
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
What we offer
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options
- Company Performance Bonus scheme
- Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave
- Training and development opportunities
Our Company and Culture
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits here.
How to apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ button, or access the Sandvik website www.sandvik.com/careers
Job Reference No: R0027038
Deadline: 29 May