Production Lead Quality & Testing Technician 2nd Shift
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Alachua, Florida
- Job-ID: R0026827
- Job category: Manufacturing
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Alachua, FL is looking for
Production Lead Quality and Testing Technician 2nd Shift
Are you a Production Lead Quality and Testing Technician who wants to develop your career in the field of mining? If you have Production Lead Quality and Testing experience in the mining industry and a background in heavy equipment, drilling and blasting, Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions wants to speak with you!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
The Production Lead quality and Testing Technician 2nd Shift will validate the mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and software functionalities of rotary drilling equipment while also providing support to the Production Shift Supervisor. Direct and help coordinate daily production activities with assigned team at the plant, including all shifts, to achieve the production plans.
Additionally, the Production Lead Quality and Testing Technician 2nd Shift will be responsible for:
- Provide team members with the information and direction needed to perform his/her job to the best of their ability.
- Provide coaching and assistance for personnel in promoting a way of working that ensures that the processes are in line with business while ensuring compliance with environmental and safety rules and regulations.
- Encourages the values of cleanliness and order in the shop.
- Promote and encourage a continuous improvement environment on the shop floor.
- Second Shift work hours will be 3:00 PM – 11:30 PM.
- Assists Shift Supervisor to plan and maintain workload for personnel according to predefined production plan and agreed targets with the Production Manager.
- Monitor and report day to day production data and business climate to the team and Production Manager as needed.
- Ensures that daily operations are happening in a proper manner in order to protect the building(s) as well as the company’s assets.
- Responds to unexpected maintenance needs on site and reports them to Facilities Manager.
- Checks specifications sheet to determine required assembly and special options.
- Interpret prints and hydraulic/electrical schematics for the assembly, testing and troubleshooting of large assemblies.
- Ensures connections for correct fit, fastening parts and sub-assembles per customer specifications.
- Resolves assembly problems and/or reports to Supervisor for assistance.
- Maintains clean and safe working environment in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to industry quality and safety standards.
- Ensure rigs meet customer expectations and deadlines.
- Ensures the equipment is compliant with safety, functionality and quality according to specs.
- Comply with policies, guidelines, regulatory requirements and meet objectives per Sandvik Alachua Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Demonstrate respect and commitment to the IMS System (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and OSHAS 18001:2007 taking accountability for its effectiveness and continual improvement.
The Production Lead Quality & Testing Technician 2nd Shift must have a minimum of 2 years working as a technician, high school diploma or GED preferred and prefer 3 years in a similar role.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Production Lead Quality & Testing Technician 2nd Shift position, Job Req. ID # R0026827.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set