- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Palm Coast, Florida
- Job-ID: R0026443
- Job category: Manufacturing
Sandvik Palm Coast, Florida is looking for a
WHO CAN MOTIVATE AND LEAD A TEAM TOWARDS DRIVING INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS AND RESULTS EXCEEDING CUSTOMER EXPECTATIONS…We strive for a culture that realizes the full potential of our employees!
Sandvik Palm Coast is a leading manufacturer of medical fine wire and components to the medical device industry. As part of the Sandvik Materials Technology organization, we offer a world of opportunities within our diverse businesses and cross-border networks to enable you to explore your potential and thrive in our company.
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for the mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials as well as process systems.
Key performance areas
The Operations Manager will supervising and direct the technical personnel and department heads responsible for every stage of production to ensure manufacture of high quality and cost effective product.
Provide strategy and direction on improved productivity and adherence to quality standards. Adapting to technological change and meet the groups competitive priorities. Develop and lead implementation of new manufacturing excellence initiatives, including strategic resource allocation; lean manufacturing principles; organization structure; leadership; sourcing and integration; production systems and techniques for improved efficiencies and global adherence to best practices. Monitor and review implementation of health and safety standards to ensure compliance, and risk free production. Establish operating budgets. Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of functional and operational managers or other professionals to ensure the plant meets its established targets and standards.
Additionally the Operations Manager will;
- Prepare cost estimates and budget required for a manufacturing proposal.
- Design and implement plans for the effective use of material and labor resources to achieve manufacturing targets.
- Supervise the operations of manufacturing personnel to ensure a manufacturing process is within budget and time schedule.
- Work with HR to oversee the hiring, orienting, and training of technical production employees to ensure a competent workforce.
- Organize training programs to enhance personnel job skill and knowledge
- Conduct studies and research to discover a more effective approach to production.
- Oversee the regulation of work per shift to ensure proper workload distribution.
- Monitor a manufacturing team to ensure operations are in compliance with health and safety standards.
- Schedule the maintenance of production equipment and machines to ensure efficient operations
- Analyze and provide solutions to manufacturing challenges or problems
- Supervise the quality assurance department to ensure product quality and specifications are consistent
- Conduct assessments to identify mechanical and procedural limitations that minimize work efficiency
- Monitor and control a production process to adjust operations in event of a problem
- Collaborate with marketing and sales staff to implement strategies that’ll improve the marketability of manufactured products
- Oversee the procurement of raw materials and equipment required for manufacturing
- Review personnel performance to determine individuals most suited for promotion.
- Develop a high-performance culture by being an influential leader
- ISO standard QEHS - All Employees have the responsibility to follow our procedures and to work in a safe and healthy manner. All Employees have the authority to stop activities that threaten our Zero Harm and Right-From-Me policies
As a leader, you motivate and inspire the people around you to succeed as a team. You have a strong interest in growing and developing people, and you take an active part in enhancing the team effectiveness, supporting colleagues, and ensuring an open and inclusive environment.
Required qualifications and competencies
- Technical Skills: Must be skilled in operating and examining production equipment for faults
- Project Management Skills: Proven track record of being able to handle a manufacturing process to ensure timely and cost-effective production
- Organizational Skills: Proven track record at being adept at coordinating the different stages of manufacture to ensure seamless operations
- Communication Skills: Understanding different communication styles and how to use them to build morale and to create a high performing team
Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess;
- Financial management and budgeting
- Creating and enforcing policies
- Risk Analysis
- Supply Chain management
- Process Improvement
- Problem Solving
Bachelor’s degree minimum in Operations Management, Engineering or Business Administration with Master’s Degree preferred.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ to the Operations Manager position, Job Id # R0026443
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set