Rock Tools Technician
- Deadline: 24 May
- Country: Canada
- Location: Ontario, Lively, Ontario
- Job-ID: R0026167
- Job category: Manufacturing
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is seeking a
Rock Tools Technician
Location: Dubreuilville, ON
For over 150 years the name Sandvik has been synonymous with quality and customer focus. Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions (SMR) is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry. Our offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
The Rock Tools Technician is responsible for supporting the rock tools contract by providing guidance in correct usage of tools, management and distribution of products and keeping accurate records of rock tools use and performance.
- Manages rock tool inventory and tracks all new issues, discards, and losses
- Delivers tools to all drills and work areas underground
- Utilizes the Rock Tools Management System to monitor and report on the tools performance
- Troubleshoots and provides technical recommendations and improvements to the Supervisor and Sandvik Sales and Service Representatives
- Produces and presents monthly performance reports to customer operations department
- Assists in training of customers and Sandvik employees as required
- Reports occurrences that may indicate improper usage or selection by operators
- Completes accurate time records, technical reports and failure reports
- Stays current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices
- Builds sound relationships with the rock tools team as well as internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned by Supervisor
Safety and Environment
- Complies with Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements
- Responsible for identifying and reporting any unsafe work habits, workplace incidents and/or near misses. Perform risk assessments (“Take Five”) prior to each task
- Maintains hand tools and equipment to ensure safe operation
- Maintains orderly work area and ensures housekeeping requirements are met
- Attends Environmental, Health and Safety related trainings
- Wears the required personal protective equipment (PPE) assigned for each task
- Completion of Secondary School (High school)
- Further technical studies are considered an asset
- Knowledge and experience with industry-specific equipment
- Prior experience in the mining industry is considered an asset
- Ability to work as part of an integrated, broad team
- Detail oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and self-motivated with demonstrated initiative
- Ability to develop knowledge of customer business processes in relation to product reconditioning
- Knowledge of rock drill operations
- Competency in Outlook and Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
Sandvik offers an excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits as well as ongoing development and training.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to job requisition # R0026167. We thank all applicants for their response; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Sandvik welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: 24 May