Fire Suppression Technician - Entry Level
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Fire Suppression Technician - Entry Level – Moranbah, Qld
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. While discussing the best opportunity for you today, we are already thinking ahead to the best opportunity for you tomorrow. So now we challenge you: Think one step further, and then take it!
Sandvik is recruiting a Fire Suppression Technician entry level position to provide product support and technical services with the Fire Suppression product throughout Central Queensland. The Fire Suppression Business maintains a firm commitment to the quality objectives for the company and promotes business through exceptional customer service. As a Fire Suppression Technician, you will be required to install and maintain fire suppression systems in the workshop and in the field.
This role is a full-time requirement, however Sandvik recognises the desire for flexible working options. Flexible employment arrangements include condensed working weeks, working from home, flexible start/finish times, etc.
You must have rights to work in Australia.
Areas of responsibility
- Adhere to all policies & procedures especially the EHS policies
- Support technicians from other regions and assist in training.
- Perform fault diagnosis, maintain, and install Fire Suppression systems
- Work effectively either in a team environment or autonomously.
- Be highly developed in your communication and interpersonal skills.
- Can identify opportunity for business growth; and actively participate in sales activities
- Assist with machine audits/inspections
Relevant trade qualifications and experience is desirable. Direct knowledge and experience with the installation and service of Mobile Fire Suppression systems is a distinct advantage. Fire suppression system training will be provided.
The ideal candidate will have strong customer relation skills and the ability to effectively work within a team. You are flexible to work with customer requirements, procedures, and safety policies. Further, you have a positive attitude and a high level of determination to achieve targets set for customer satisfaction, to be mechanically minded, a self-starter who can work unsupervised and have an eye for detail, be competent in the use of hand tools and hold a current drivers license.
Ideal applicant residing in Moranbah.
Agencies need not apply.
What we offer
- Options for additional superannuation contribution (2.5% above the superannuation guarantee)
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, a company-wide bonus scheme, and Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Our Company and Culture
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits here.
0448 044 698
Applications close: 28-05-2021 or sooner if the right applicant is found
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading and hauling, tunneling and quarrying. In 2019, sales were approximately 37 billion SEK with about 12,500 employees within continuing operations (proforma numbers).
Deadline: Not set