- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Elko, Nevada
- Job-ID: R0024251
- Job category: Manufacturing
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Elko, NV is looking for a
Are you a flexible, self-motivated workshop technician with a strongly collaborative nature and time management skills? If so – we look forward to receiving your
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions (SMR) is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key Performance Areas
The Workshop Technician is responsible for the repair and maintenance of the mechanical and electrical aspects of equipment and components, under the direction of a qualified Workshop Technician. This will involve inspecting equipment for proper performance and determining faults and malfunctions, as well as, testing repaired equipment to ensure proper operational performance. As the Workshop Technician, you will be expected to actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives, and comply with all SMRT safety policies and applicable government, customer, or industry regulations or requirements. A key component of this role is developing sound relationships with the workshop team, as well as, internal and external customers in order to ensure smooth operations and customer satisfaction.
Additionally the Workshop Technician will:
- Follow scopes of work within time constraints to meet established delivery targets
- Adjust equipment & repair/replace defective parts components or systems according to scopes of work
- Identify additional repairs, compiles parts and labor estimates and communicates to supervisor.
- Complete accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, parts listings and submits drawing revisions
- Stay current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices
- Maintain hand tools and equipment to ensure safe operation
- Maintain orderly workshop and ensures housekeeping requirements are met
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with Company Values and current Company Policies and Procedures
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Workshop Manager
You’ve completed one year of a technical program in a related curriculum and have a strong mechanical aptitude. You are able to comprehend related schematics and develop knowledge of customer business processes in relation to product rebuild. Forklift and overhead crane experience would be a significant plus.
You are a flexible and self-motivated team player with a strongly collaborative nature and dedication to open communication among colleagues. You possess excellent active listening skills and are highly team oriented. Your time management and organizational skills are well-developed, and you are computer literate.
Candidates should also possess:
- Ability to work as part of an integrated, broad team
- Demonstrated initiative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work shift work as required
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please visit www.home.sandvik/careers to apply to the Workshop Technician position, JO#R0002755.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set