Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is seeking a
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. Our offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
The Workshop Manager is responsible for the management of the workshop operations in order to meet the requirements of the business and to ensure work is completed in compliance with company quality and safety standards.
- Manages all aspects of the Workshop operation in order to meet the defined targets.
- Participates in the development of Workshop targets.
- Develops and implements required processes to meet established targets.
- Ensures work orders are completed as required.
- Communicates with customers regarding work order status or changes.
- Assists in preparation of quotes as requested.
- Ensures conformance to company quality standards.
- Recommends selection of outside contractors.
- Ensures preparation of technical publications for customer deliveries.
- Manages job cost in line with commitments.
- Controls workshop costs in line with the established budget.
- Identifies and recommends any capital improvements.
- Informs customers of changes to planned job costs.
- Ensures timely completion of committed jobs.
- Recruits, coaches, motivates, trains, evaluates and leads team members to accomplish the goals and objectives of the workshop.
- Manages the performance and ensures compliance with company policies for all workshop personnel under their direction.
- Participates in workshop and personnel scheduling as well as monitors and approves attendance and work hours.
- Stays current with industry, customer and product developments.
- Makes recommendations for improvement to the Supervisor.
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in accordance with Company Values and current Company Policies and Procedures.
- Actively supports community initiatives.
- Undertakes self-training and development as required.
Safety and Environment
- Complying with Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Ensures housekeeping requirements are met in the workshop
- Attending Environmental, Health and Safety related trainings.
- Responsible to conduct job safety observation
- Take part in JHSC meetings
- Associates Degree or College diploma in a mechanical or electrical discipline
- 10 years’ experience with related industry equipment
- Ability to lead a team to achieve required targets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage changing priorities
- Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative
- Highly developed time management and organizational skills
- Computer literacy is a must
Sandvik offers a comprehensive compensation package including a retirement savings plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits, ongoing development and training.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Workshop Manager job opening #R0024161. We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Sandvik welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: 24 May