Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is seeking a
Location: Greater Sudbury (Lively)
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. We recognize your performance and offer various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
Currently, we have an opening for a Workshop Manager. The Workshop Manager is responsible for the management of the workshop operations in order to meet the requirements of the business and to ensure work is completed in compliance with company quality and safety standards.
Are you interested in leading a team in a workshop environment? We want to hear from you!
While searching for the best opportunity for yourself today, we are already thinking ahead of your future tomorrow. So now we challenge you to take it one step further and apply!
What you will be doing
- Supervise, manage, and motivate staff within the operation of the workshop to achieve quality results.
- Develop and implement required processes to meet established targets and KPIs.
- Ensure work orders are completed as required.
- Communicate with customers regarding work order status or changes.
- Assist in preparation of quotes as requested.
- Ensure conformance to company quality standards.
- Recommend selection of outside contractors.
- Ensure preparation of technical publications for customer deliveries.
- Manage job costs in line with commitments.
- Control workshop costs in line with the established budget.
- Identify and recommend any capital improvements.
Environmental Health and Safety
- Champion of EHS in all aspects of the Workshop.
- We are ethical and compliant, dedicated to health, safety, and sustainability. We put health and safety first!
What you will bring along
- Post secondary education in Business or Associates Degree or College diploma in a mechanical or electrical discipline.
- 7+ years experience in a similar role.
- Possesses an independent and resourceful nature whilst structured and systematic in approach.
- Builds a desire to take responsibility, works together and cooperates within and between teams.
- Creates a climate where people feel involved and valued where goals are shared.
- Able to see the big picture and formulate responses accordingly.
- Rises above the detail to see the patterns, trends, or implications before planning or acting.
- Strong leadership style with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to manage changing priorities.
- Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative.
- Highly developed time management and organizational skills.
- Computer literacy is a must.
In return for your passion and drive we will offer you…
- The opportunity to make an impact on our Divisions’ performance.
- The opportunity to be part of an ambitious team, in an industry leading business.
- The opportunity to reach your full potential.
- An excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits as well as ongoing development and training.
Our core values are the soul of the company. They guide us in our actions and daily business decisions. We are a company with an open-minded culture that encourages employees to share ideas and work innovatively. We embrace diversity and inclusion and inspire everyone to bring their authentic selves to work everyday!
We take pride in our agile customer-focused decision making. We empower our employees, providing strong performance management and opportunities to grow your career.
Do you want to learn more?
To learn more about Sandvik, our people and products please visit our website: https://www.home.sandvik/en/about-us/
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Workshop Manager, requisition R0024161. We thank all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are always available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: Aug 2