- Deadline: 26 Jan
- Country: Canada
- Location: Lively, Ontario
- Job-ID: R0023765
- Job category: Manufacturing
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is seeking
Location: Lively, ON
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions (SMR) is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. Our offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
The Workshop Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of mechanical and electrical aspects of equipment and components according to defined specifications. Participate and sustain in the lean manufacturing and 5S activities.
- Follows scope of work within time constraints to meet established delivery targets
- Inspects equipment for proper performance and determines faults and malfunctions
- Adjusts equipment & repairs/replaces defective parts components or systems according to scope of work
- Identifies additional repairs, compiles parts and labor estimates and communicates to the supervisor
- Tests repaired equipment to ensure proper operational performance
- Completes accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, parts listings and submits drawing revisions
- Actively participates in continuous improvement initiatives
- Stays current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices
- Builds sound relationships with the workshop team and internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations
Safety and Environment
- Complies with Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements
- Responsible for identifying and reporting any unsafe work habits, workplace incidents and/or near misses. Perform risk assessments (“Take Five”) prior to each task
- Maintains hand tools and equipment to ensure safe operation
- Maintains orderly work area and ensures housekeeping requirements are met
- Attends Environmental, Health and Safety related trainings
- Wears the required personal protective equipment (PPE) assigned for each task
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in accordance with Company Values and current Company Policies and Procedures
- Undertakes self-training and development as required
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned by the manager
Required Skills and Education
- Technical (Mechanical/Electrical) diploma is required
- Licensed Red Seal Heavy Equipment Mechanic is considered an asset
- Minimum 3-5 years’ related experience with industry specific equipment
- Previous experience with Sandvik equipment is considered an asset
- Ability to read/comprehend related schematics
- Ability to work as part of an integrated, broad team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and self-motivated with demonstrated initiative
- Ability to develop knowledge of customer business processes in relation to product rebuild
- Developed time management and organizational skills
- Computer literacy (MS Office, Outlook)
Sandvik offers a comprehensive compensation package including a retirement savings plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits, ongoing development and training.
How to Apply
Qualified individuals can apply online at www.sandvik.com/career to the Workshop Technician job opening #R0023765.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Sandvik welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: 26 Jan