Product Specialist - S4
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
As a Product Specialist you will be responsible for providing quality technical support and for developing the technical competencies of the customer and internal personnel.
The role is product focused and concentrates on providing guidance and advice on the implementation and strategies for the product range. Product specifications, selection and its application lie with this role
- Develop and organize product training for sales and service personnel for the respective products
- Develops and recommends procedures and methods and prepares technical reports and documentation.
- Performs technical evaluations of events to determine root cause; recommends corrective action.
- Monitors instruments and equipment and collects operating data including calibration, inspection, testing and repair activities to assist in making on-line adjustments to instruments, equipment, or products.
- Analyses and resolves malfunctions and deviations of instruments and control systems to identify and resolve problems.
- Conducts analyses and prepares reports using metrics from salvage tracking, trending, reporting and root cause analyses.
- Maintains process designs to optimize process and facility use while conforming to standard operating procedures (SOPs) and good manufacturing practices (GMPs).
- Represent Sandvik fleet, where critical faults cannot be resolved on equipment, product support is required to resolve these operational breakdowns on site, also sharing knowledge on the following equipment, LHD's, Dump Truck’s, Drills and Bolters: DL421-15C, DD422i, DD321, DS311, LH517, LH410, TH551, TH550i, DD2710, DD321, DS 311. Surface Drills: D25KS, D45KS, DP1500i, DI650i, DR500 Series Drills. The preferred candidate must have vast experience in above mentioned equipment, must be familiar with the new Sandvik i equipment product version (electrical, CAN Bus, electronics is essential. Also, the requirement is to have excellent communication skills, should lead by example, passion to maintaining equipment, working according to Sandvik standard & procedures.
- Grade 12 / N3 Technical Qualification / Equivalent Qualification
- Mechanical or electrical trade qualification
- Mc machine range experience and advance computer literacy
- English proficiency
- Relevant mechanized mining experience (5 years)
- Underground/surface mining environment
- Maintenance of earthmoving equipment in mining/ Underground experience
- Mechanical, electrical, or electronic equipment maintenance competence in at least 2 of the following areas:
- Basic 5 module LHD’s and CM
- Basic electronic systems
- Basic LV electric systems
- Mechanical equipment
- Hydraulic systems
- Video display systems
- Advanced electrical systems (low current relays, electronic timers, electrical/electronic overloads and protection devices, solenoids, actuators, proximity devices etc.)
- Experience in CAN bus systems
- Basic knowledge of software
- Valid driver’s license
- Full physical & medical certificate to work in mining environment
Notice period on all positions is 20 working days from date of resignation, unless otherwise agreed to by managers.
How to apply
Please apply online through the Sandvik website www.home.sandvik/en/careers, reference R0023619
Applications close: 16 June 2021
We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for your professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers.
Deadline: Jun 16