- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Alachua, Florida
- Job-ID: R0023594
- Job category: Manufacturing
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology in Alachua, FL is looking for
Are you an Industrial Assembler who wants to develop your career in the field of mining? If you have Industrial Assembler experience in the mining industry and a background in heavy equipment, drilling and blasting, Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology wants to speak with you!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
As the Industrial Assembler I, you will assemble large and heavy parts to complete sub-assemblies and drilling rigs using hand tools, power tools and other specialized equipment. You will be expected to perform a variety of specialized assembly operations including electrical, welding and/or mechanical.
Additionally, the Industrial Assembler will be responsible for:
- Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools.
- Check power and hand tools for correct operation.
- Follow instructions from supervisor or manager.
- Assemble components using power and hand tools based on BOM & Lean System.
- Follow granular schedule to determine required assembly and special options on machine.
- Report hours properly in the system.
- Ensure connections for correct fit, fastening parts and sub-assemblies per customer specifications.
- Report assembly problems to Lean system as well as Supervisor for assistance.
- Maintain clean and safe working environment in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Handle other tasks as assigned by Team Leader or Supervisor.
- Demonstrate respect and commitment to the IMS system (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018) taking accountability for its effectiveness and continued improvements.
All Industrial Assemblers must have at least a high school diploma or GED certificate.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Production position, Job Req. ID # R0023594.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set