Product Unit Manager, NAFTA
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Concord, North Carolina
- Job-ID: R0022344
- Job category: Manufacturing
Kanthal Heating Systems in Concord, NC is looking for a
Product Unit Manager - NAFTA
KANTHAL® is the global leader for products and services within the Industrial Heating Technology area. We offer a complete range of furnace systems, heating elements, and accessories for use throughout the heat treatment, foundry, and thermal processing markets.
Key performance areas
Provide strategy and direction on improved productivity and adherence to quality standards. Adapting to technological change and meeting the groups competitive priorities. Develop and lead implementation of new manufacturing excellence initiatives, including strategic resource allocation; lean manufacturing principles; organization structure; leadership; sourcing and integration; production systems and techniques for improved efficiencies and global adherence to best practice. Monitor and review implementation of health and safety standards to ensure compliance, and risk free production. Establish operating budgets. Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of functional and operational managers or other professionals (e.g., human resources, finance, production, maintenance) to ensure the plant meets its established targets and standards.
The Product Unit Manager, NAFTA directs and oversees the organization’s operational activities within the NAFTA region. Oversees, policies, objectives, and business initiatives for the region. The position is responsible for evaluating current and proposed systems and procedures and determining and implementing changes as necessary. This position will oversee three sites within the United States and will also be responsible for maintaining the legal and financial compliance for our legal entity(s) within the region.
Other duties and responsibilities
- Lead strategic transformation project(s) over the coming years in line with the Strategy
- Continually improves safety record by addressing both physical safety issues & employee safety attitudes
- Responsible to ensure operations are performed in accordance with Code of Conduct and legal standards
- Implement manufacturing strategies and action plans to ensure that the facility supports the company’s strategic initiatives
- Ensure that the manufacturing processes are in line with the company’s group standards and directives
- Secure and implement plans to achieve supply goals such as: production volumes, cost productivity, personnel productivity, lead-times, rejections, quality and continuous improvements
- Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital
- Manage spending against budget and in relation to changes in production volume
- Recommends capital investment, financial payback
- Plan and develop strategic supply capabilities in terms of facilities, equipment, and staffing
- Develop and maintain a highly motivated team with good flexibility
- Ensure that the leaders and managers act in accordance with the company Leadership Model
- Confers with customers and representatives of associated industries to evaluate and promote improved and expanded services in area
- Promote Kanthal core values, diversity and inclusion
- Minimum 5 years of experience in senior operations management in any leading materials, light industrial, or light engineering industry in the field of manufacturing in a multinational environment
- Relevant University Degree Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering, Production or Industrial Engineering and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Preferably can show a background with a clear Lean Manufacturing profile, including experience setting up and maintaining lean processes, follow up of issues, customer support and with experience from a global environment and matrix organization
- Strong knowledge and experience in industry and application
- High level of business acumen, business relations and project management
- Being able to work organized and independently
- Results oriented
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to promote teams in advancing processes in production, talent to build a climate that supports excellent performance
- Experienced in leading people in new directions and challenging environments
- Knowledge in leading and implementing change projects that have important impact on work and organization
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/careers to the Product Unit Manager, NAFTA position, Job Opening # R0022344.
We thank all applicants for their response; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set