Remote Monitoring Technician
- Deadline: 9 Dec
- Country: Australia
- Location: Brisbane QLD, Queensland
- Job-ID: R0022163
- Job category: Manufacturing
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a leading supplier of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry, and our operations and organizations are spread around the globe. We offer you a world of opportunities and our diverse businesses and cross-border networks enable you to explore your potential and thrive.
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology are establishing a Remote Monitoring Centre (RMC) at Milton Brisbane, with the aim to operate 24/7. The purpose of the RMC is to build support capability across the APAC region to proactively manage interventions on customer machines to improve reliability and performance, utilising data coming from connected mining and rock technology equipment. The RMC is the link between the data analytics and the actual machine maintenance requirements and site personnel. This is an opportunity for technical trade qualified people to shift from hands-on site-based roles, and work in an emerging area in the mining industry, and be an integral part of its development and success.
The Remote Monitoring Technician provides customers with technical and operations-related assistance pertaining to the performance, operation, and maintenance of Loaders, Trucks and Drills on a 24-hour shift basis in the Remote Monitoring Centre (RMC).
The RMC will be operational 24 hours a day including but not limited to holidays, weekends, weather, etc in time but initially this is a Monday to Friday role. The Remote Monitoring Technician will be required to work scheduled shifts to assure this continuous operation when operational.
Relocation package available to the successful person.
Areas of responsibility
- Proactively monitor remote site operations and provide analysis of equipment operation.
- Communicate technical information to customers to support equipment reliability.
- Review customer data and provide recommendations for improvement on all policies, procedures, operations, and technical issues.
- Provide root-cause analysis and operations reports to Digital Service Agreement managers and customers upon request.
- Assist in the creation of troubleshooting documentation and root-cause analysis tools.
- Interpret and apply technical documentation, procedures, and other relevant documentation to resolve operational / reliability issues.
- Assist in presenting detailed customer-orientated information on the functions of the RMC and related software capabilities.
- Support daily meetings by supplying 24-hr synopsis of the previous day’s activity to inform the service organization of fleet issues and current projects.
- Aid Information Technologies (IT) department as necessary.
- Provide advice and support to on-site Service Technicians with reference potential machine misuse, component failure and recommended inspections.
You will have a strong focus on safety, excellent service skills, be flexible and driven to met deadlines and achieve goals. You will have competent IT skills in data analytics and reporting tools and proficiency in Microsoft Office. You will have a positive attitude and excellent communication skills and a trade background.
What we offer
Sandvik offers an excellent comprehensive compensation package including superannuation above the superannuation guarantee, employee benefits and wellness programs as well as ongoing development and training
Our Company and Culture
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
How to apply
Apply on Sandvik's intranet
Click ‘Apply Now’ button, or access the Sandvik website home.sandvik/careers
07 3621 1823
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and sustainability. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry and rock excavation within the construction industry; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2019, the Group had approximately 40,000 employees and revenues of about 100 billion SEK in more than 160 countries within continuing operations.
Deadline: 9 Dec