- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
- Job-ID: R0020960
- Job category: Manufacturing
Sandvik Materials Technology in Clarks Summit, PA is looking for a
Sandvik Materials Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a world-leading manufacturer of high value-added products in advanced stainless steels, special alloys, as well as metallic and ceramic resistance materials for the most demanding industries. Its cutting-edge expertise is based on an integrated production platform and world-leading metallurgy and R&D.
Key Performance Areas
As the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for successfully and safely managing all aspects of the maintenance department as well as supporting and coaching a self-directed team to improve machine efficiency, reduce downtime and administer a comprehensive preventative maintenance program. The position will work with the other departments within a Production Unit to maximize its resources to maintain a competitive advantage in the stainless-steel industry.
- Oversee the Maintenance Department.
- Operating an effective preventative maintenance program.
- Directing/developing the activities of maintenance personal.
- Utilizing TPM (total productive maintenance) techniques to ensure equipment is always in working condition.
- Act as coordinator for maintenance activities on electrical power distribution systems and main switch gear.
- Coaching subordinates, scheduling and resource allocation.
- Project management of capital projects including preparation of appropriation requests.
- Complying with Sandvik’s safety standards using monthly meetings and safety inspections and by keeping the building and equipment in safe operating condition.
- Supervision of outside contractors.
- Administer and maintain the state accredited Maintenance Journeyman program.
- Collaborate with production and engineering to design improved production processes and safety systems.
- Coordinating resolution of difficult technical problems by working with electrical, hydraulic, mechanical and control system teams.
- Implement process improvements on existing equipment.
- Adapt equipment to make new products production ready.
- Lead and motivate tradesmen to transform concepts into reality.
- Develop procedures to insure established practices and policies are followed, and processes are maintained at peak performance levels.
- Education/ Training of production operators and supervisors on maintenance concepts.
- Actively participates in the Divisional Safety Steering Committee.
- Other tasks or assignments directed by management.
You possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a technical discipline. Have 4 to 8 years of Maintenance management experience in a manufacturing environment. Have had experience managing in a fast-paced demanding environment. You have an excellent understanding of manufacturing processes, are familiar with continuous improvement concepts and have the desire to initiate change in established processes.
Additionally, you possess:
- You are highly organized, strongly analytical, and have a keen attention to detail and ability to question the facts.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities with ease while always delivering excellent results.
- React well to change and are flexible, comfortable working in an ever-changing environment with a variety of contacts.
- You are a team player and your excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and cultural awareness skills enable you to perform well in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Remain diplomatic and calm in the face of challenges, and work well under pressure.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/careers to Maintenance Supervisor position in Clarks Summit, PA, Job Req. ID# R0003949.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set