Workshop Apprentice Mechanic
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: Canada
- Location: Lively, Ontario
- Job-ID: R0020646
- Job category: Manufacturing
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is seeking an
Workshop Apprentice Technician (Mechanical/Electrical)
Location: Lively, ON
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology (SMRT) is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. Our offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
The Apprentice Workshop Technician will be responsible for progressively learning and applying skills in the areas of troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of mechanical and electrical aspects of equipment and components according to defined specifications and will participate and sustain in lean manufacturing and 5S activities.
- Follows scope of work within time constraints to meet established delivery targets
- Inspects equipment for proper performance and determines faults and malfunctions
- Adjust equipment & repair/replace defective parts components or systems according to scope of work
- Identifies additional repairs, compiles parts and labour estimates and communicates to Supervisor
- Tests repaired equipment to ensure proper operational performance
- Completes accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, parts listings and submits drawing revisions
- Actively participates in continuous improvement initiatives
- Stays current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices
- Complies with SMRT safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Responsibility to identify and report any unsafe work habits, workplace incidents and / or near misses.
- Maintains hand tools and equipment to ensure safe operation
- Maintains orderly work area and ensures housekeeping requirements are met
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned by manager.
Safety and Environment
- Complies with Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Responsibility to identify and report any unsafe work habits, workplace incidents and / or near misses. Perform risk assessments (“Take Five”) prior to each task.
- Maintains hand tools and equipment to ensure safe operation.
- Maintains orderly work area and ensures housekeeping requirements are met.
- Attend Environmental, Health and Safety related trainings.
- Wear the required personal protective equipment (PPE) assigned for each task.
Required Skills and Education
- In possession of, or working towards a technical diploma (HD Mechanic or Electrical)
- Related experience with industry specific equipment an asset
- Ability to work as part of an integrated, broad team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness and ability to work shift work as required
- Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative
- Ability to develop knowledge of customer business processes in relation to product rebuild
- Developed time management and organizational skills
- Computer literacy (MS Office, Outlook)
How to Apply
Qualified individuals can apply online at www.sandvik.com/career to the Workshop Apprentice Technician job opening #R0020646.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
We thank all applicants for their response, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline: Not set