Rock Tools Technician
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: Canada
- Location: Ontario
- Job-ID: R0019153
- Job category: Manufacturing
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is seeking a
Rock Tools Technician
Are you looking to work for the leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry? Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology has employment for you!
We are currently seeking a Rock Tools Technicians is responsible for supporting the rock tools contract by providing guidance in correct usage of tools, management and distribution of products and keeping accurate records of rock tools use and performance.
- Manages rock tool inventory and tracks all new issues, discards and losses
- Delivers tools to all drills and work areas underground
- Utilizes Rock Tools Management System to monitor and report on tools performance
- Troubleshoots and provide technical recommendations and improvements to Supervisor and Sandvik Sales and Service Representatives
- Produces and presents monthly performance reports to customer operations department
- Assists in training of customers and Sandvik employees as required
- Reports occurrences that may indicate improper usage or selection by operators
- Completes accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports
- Stays current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices.
- Builds sound relationships with the rock tools team and internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned by manager.
- Completion of Secondary School (High school)
- Further technical studies
- Knowledge and experience with industry-specific equipment
- Prior experience in the mining industry is a definite asset
- Ability to work as part of an integrated, broad team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative
- Ability to develop knowledge of customer business processes in relation to product reconditioning
- Knowledge of rock drill operation
- Competency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and email
Sandvik offers an excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits as well as ongoing development and training.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Rock Tools Reconditioning Technician job Requisition R0019153.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Sandvik welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: Not set