Rock Tool Technician
- Deadline: 17 Jun
- Country: Australia
- Location: Mount Isa QLD, Queensland
- Job-ID: R0018917
- Job category: Manufacturing
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology
Rock Tool Technician – Mount Isa
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and sustainability. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry and rock excavation within the construction industry; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2019, the Group had approximately 40,000 employees and revenues of about 100 billion SEK in more than 160 countries within continuing operations.
Our Company and Culture
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
As a Rock Tool Technician, you will be required to perform all necessary daily activities that are associated with servicing of a Sandvik rock tool supply Cost Per Metre contract, including compliance with all relevant operating procedures and policies, work scopes and contract documents. The role will be working out of our Mt Isa workshop at our client’s site and will be a residential role based at Mt Isa.
This is 4 days on, 4 days off position working 12 hours per day roster, with the expectation of reasonable overtime when required and you must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job
You will need a valid driver’s licence for this role.
This role is a full-time requirement, however Sandvik recognises the desire for flexible working options. Flexible employment arrangements include condensed working hours, working from home, flexible hours, etc.
Areas of responsibility
- Perform the daily delivery services of product to each drill site
- Remove all worn and damaged rock tools from the drill sites
- Analyse the condition and/or failures and discuss with the operators
- Replenish circuit stock on each rig to the established levels
- Complete analysis of failed product and report any abnormalities to the Product Support Manager and/or Sales Representative
- Perform the sorting, gauging, cutting back, grinding and colour coding of used drill bits
- Perform the refurbishment of blocked and bent drill rods
You will preferably have experience working underground around heavy equipment and preferably with current inductions. You must have a strong safety commitment as well as excellent customer service and communication skills. Knowledge of on-site service contracts, underground mining and familiarity with Sandvik drilling products would also be favourable.
Agencies need not apply.
What we offer
- Options for additional superannuation contribution (2.5% above the superannuation guarantee)
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, a company-wide bonus scheme, and Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Applications close: 18-06-2020 or sooner if the right applicant is found
Deadline: 17 Jun