Rock Tools Site Supervisor
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: Canada
- Location: Barwick, Ontario, Lively, Ontario
- Job-ID: R0012525
- Job category: Manufacturing
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is seeking a
Rock Tools Reconditioning Supervisor
Location: Rainy River
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. Our offering cover rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
The Rock Tools Reconditioning Supervisor is responsible for the operational function and oversees and directs the work of the Reconditioning and Rock Tools Technicians.
- Provide complete oversight of day to day operations at all shop locations.
- Ensures compliance with EHS programs and initiatives, including but not limited to:
- Coordinate the proper EHS training of all Reconditioning Technicians.
- Monitor ongoing EHS training to ensure all Reconditioning Technicians remain up to date.
- Conduct Take-5’s, took-box talks and safety meetings.
- Manage the reporting and recording of all hazards, near misses, incidents and injuries.
- Ensure proper resources are provider to all Technicians to conduct jobs safely and effectively (training, tools, equipment…etc.).
- Monitor and evaluate technician work for quality.
- Conduct performance reviews (setting goals, evaluating goals).
- Resolve work conflict and deal with disciplinary action (with support from HR).
- Manage employee attendance and scheduling.
- Build sound relationships with rock tools team and internal/external customers.
- Assist with operations support including, attendance monitoring/scheduling, invoicing, peer relationship building/training.
- Responsible for issuance and control of onsite inventories where applicable.
- Builds sound relationships with the rock tools team and internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations.
- Conducting Environmental, Health & Safety meeting reviews.
- Assisting and supporting the Environmental, Health & Safety team with incident/accident management.
- Ensuring that reporting employees participate in Environmental, Health & Safety training and communications.
- Attending and participating in Environmental Health & Safety meetings.
- Correction of unsafe conditions.
- Assists in training of customers and Sandvik employees as required.
- Reports occurrences that may indicate improper usage or selection by operators.
- Completes accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports.
- Stays current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices
- Completion of Secondary School (High School).
- Knowledge and/ or experience with industry- specific equipment.
- Ability to work as part of an integrated, broad team.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong listening skills.
- Ability to remain tactful in difficult situations.
- Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative.
- Ability to develop knowledge of customer business processes in relation to product reconditioning.
- Computer efficiency.
- Some financial knowledge.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive compensation package including a retirement savings plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits and ongoing development and training.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Rock Tools Technician Supervisor job opening # R0012525 We thank all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Sandvik welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: Not set