Junior Sales Representative
- Deadline: 18 Sep
- Country: South Africa
- Location: Boksburg
- Job-ID: R0011569
- Job category: Sales and Product Service
The purpose of this role is to support Sandvik customers by actively promoting and selling SMRT Rock Tools products and services, with a view to expand sales, and to support SMRT’s customers in as many aftermarket businesses opportunities as possible.
The Key Performance Areas are
- Develop a sales and service plans and sell tock tools and consumables for designated accounts or territory
- Develop customer relationships that ensure customers remain loyal to Sandvik’s brand
- Liaise between customers and Sandvik to ensure all warranty claims are settled in a timely fashion and are fast tracked as much as possible
- Travel to customer’s sites and partner with customers to provide solutions with respect to after-market tools and consumables.
- Assess customers equipment performance and reliability via parts availability and services effectiveness to ultimately reduce operational cost for the customer
- Conduct monthly reviews of account status including but not limited to DSO and revenue
- Create customer value propositions to proactively create opportunities for Sandvik
- Work as part of the account management team to support customer sales opportunities
- To take a responsible approach to health, safety and environmental risks in relation to your own job and that of your colleagues and to control the risks or report them to management accordingly.
- Grade 12 / N3 Technical Qualification / Equivalent Qualification
- Relevant Certificate / Diploma in Sales and marketing (advantageous)
- At least 2 years’ experience in a mining environment with specific exposure to rock tools (advantageous)
- At least 2 years’ experience in Sales and Marketing
- English proficiency
- Experience in various mining applications (5 years)
- Physical & Medical ability to function in an underground mining environment
- Will be required to travel
- Ability to establish and maintain customer relations.
- Highly developed time management and organisational skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence
How to apply
Please apply online through Workday (ESS) or access the Sandvik website www.home.sandvik/en/careers.
Notice period on all positions is 20 working days from date of resignation, unless otherwise agreed to by managers.
Applications close: 18 September 2019
If you have any further queries, please contact us on 0800 331 331
We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for your professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers.
Deadline: 18 Sep