IT Systems Technician
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: Canada
- Location: Lively, Ontario
- Job-ID: R0020299
- Job category: IT
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is seeking an
IT Systems Technician
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology (SMRT) is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry including rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Our constantly evolving offering of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for mining and rock excavation covers rock drilling, rock cutting, crushing and screening, loading and hauling, tunneling, quarrying and breaking. No matter the terrain, material or ground hardness – we aim to engineer solutions that make mining and rock excavation safer and more profitable. Bringing your experience and drive into the equation, you help us achieve our goals!
As an IT Systems Technician, you will be responsible for ensuring the standardized methods and procedures are efficient for handling IT requests throughout Canada as well as supporting with local IT needs.
- Overall responsibility to deal with local needs – acting as local IT support
- Workstation staging– building a new workstation/laptop
- Purchase of all hardware needs.
- User desktop support including hardware and software setup troubleshooting, Virus cleaning hardware failure resolution (local and external hardware repairs).
- Liaison between external support “Helpdesk” and local user
- Research and work with user base to determine hardware and software requirements
- Work on projects as assigned and providing solutions as needed.
- Provide local user training.
- Local server maintenance including backup and restore procedure.
- LAN maintenance and set up, equipment management.
Environmental Health and Safety
- Adherence to the Sandvik Environmental, Health & Safety Policy.
- Attending health and safety related trainings.
- Performing Risk Assessments (“Take Five”) prior to each task.
- Identification and reporting of hazards.
- Working in a safe manner as reasonably practicable.
- Wearing the required PPE's assigned for each location.
- A diploma/degree from a recognized post-secondary program in computer technology.
- Certifications such as ITIL, considered an asset
- Minimum of three (3) years related experience
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 10 Operating System
- Experience with Network, VPN Technologies and Mobile Technologies
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with company policies and practices
- Must be able to work well independently and within a team environment
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess professional presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Effective at working cross functionally
- Friendly and professional demeanor
Sandvik offers an excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits as well as ongoing development and training.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to job opening # R0020299. We thank all applicants for their response; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential
Sandvik welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: Not set