Data & Analytics Service Manager
DON’T BE IN THE DARK ABOUT YOUR CAREER…….
WE WANT YOU TO HELP US CREATE THE BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE FUTURE OF OUR COMPANY
The aim of the new SMR Business Intelligence team is to deliver business value by providing insights to business users within a short time frame. This objective will require modernised data architecture and a good understanding of our data domains. The team will shift its focus from tools and technology to understanding the business questions that need to be answered, and the data required to answer them. If you have a passion for data insights and delivering business value, then participating in this Business Intelligence transformation is for you.
We are looking for exceptional people to join our multi-cultural team located in Dublin. This is a fantastic opportunity to create the digital future for our organisation using the very latest Business Intelligence technologies, creating sustainable business benefits and supporting the execution of Divisional strategies.
As we are creating a new internal Business Intelligence competency in the Dublin office, this presents a great opportunity for learning and career development in this full-time position.
Sandvik is a global, high-tech engineering group, providing front-line products and services for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has been in operation since 1862 and today employs some 40,000 people, working in approximately 160 countries. Our diverse solutions delivered by our highly qualified and proficient employees enhance our customers’ productivity, safety and their profitability.
We are now recruiting for a Data Analytics Service Manager (P4) for a permanent role in our Dublin Office.
The Data Analytics Service Manager will be solely responsible for the ‘Service now’ setup for new & exciting data & analytic solutions. The data analytics Service Manager is the first point of contact in the business for all service management requests & queries. The successful candidate will work closely with the Delivery Team Lead & team to ensure best practices are followed and to ensure continuous improvements.
- First point of contact for all stakeholders regarding Service Management (Incidents, Help Enquiry, Enhancements) towards Data & Analytics solutions;
- You are the Service Management point of reference within the Data & Analytics team and as such you are an SME for Service Now.
- You develop performance management reports together with Business Application Owners
- You are responsible for the Service Now setup for new and existing Data & Analytics solutions
- You set and drive clear Handover to Support criteria, driving documentation best practices.
- You guide the linking of Dev and Ops in the DevOps loop
- You drive the continuous improvement to the Dev and Ops team based on deep, day to day understanding and knowledge of how the Data & Analytics solutions are used (and how much, by who), what parts are working well, what parts are complex
- You own the Support resource planning and are responsible to balance capacity vs expectations and coordinating smooth running of operation considering the impact of upcoming handovers, changes and Experience Level Agreements (XLA’s);
- You are responsible for the XLA for Data & Analytics solutions and to make sure the support team is performing as agreed, as such you have experience managing 3rd party Support teams
- You will acquire quite detailed knowledge of our Data & Analytics architecture and application landscape
- You drive the implementation of best practices, you create road maps that bridge the gap between AS-IS and future states
- You act as a role model for Service Management and drive rigour in operations, collaborating with internal and external Service Partners on Service improvements.
- Occasionally you will support the delivery of new projects to familiarize yourself with our End-to-End Delivery Operating Model
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3+ years of Service Management in IT, ideally on the support of Data & Analytics solutions.
- Minimum 2+ years of Service Now experience, implementation experience desirable.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a virtual environment
- Understanding Kimball's good practices
- Able to effectively work on multiple projects.
- Process management, ITIL 4.0, DevOps, Agile, Scrum, JIRA
Must be willing to travel globally when required
What we offer:
22 days annual leave
4 Company Days
Defined Contribution Pension
VHI Health Insurance
Life & Disability Insurance
Health & Wellbeing Initiatives – gym membership, wellbeing seminars, bike to work scheme
Flexible start & Finish times
Diversity, Inclusion & Sustainability
Sandvik has a developed belief in conducting our business in a sustainable and responsible manner, both for our employees and the environment; wherever in the world we operate.
Our high ethical standards determine our policy of putting Safety at a premium, acknowledging and respecting the communities and giving due consideration to the environment in the areas we operate.
These core values, to prioritise the safety and well-being of our employees, are the foundation of how we work today. We also recognise the importance on inter-personal relationships and how those based on honesty, respect and trust, enhance our working lives and help each other’s growth and career development.
Equality of opportunity is fully supported and endorsed as an employer by Sandvik, while also welcoming the additional strength that diversity brings, by providing a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
Location: Dublin, Ireland (4th Floor, Dockline, Mayor Street, IFSC, Dublin 1)
Reporting to: Delivery Team Lead
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading and hauling, tunnelling and quarrying. In 2021, sales were approximately 41 billion SEK with about 15,500 employees within continuing operations.
A glimpse of our culture
At Sandvik, we’re tech driven, innovative and entrepreneurial! For us, success is a team effort - we value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where people can be themselves and reach their full potential. So, we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our differences. We also give you the freedom to find that perfect mix between work, family life and interests. Visit our stories hub, LinkedIn or Facebook to get to know us further.
How to apply? Interested in the challenge? Please apply directly at https://www.home.sandvik/career
Prior to this recruitment, we have already decided which advertising channels and marketing campaigns we wish to utilise, and we respectfully decline any contact from marketing or recruitment agencies regarding additional channels or campaigns.
The closing date for applications is 31st August 2022
Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid permit to work in the EU
Deadline: Not set