Data Analyst (Extract, Cleanse & Transform) (Hybrid)
About the job
DON’T BE IN THE DARK ABOUT YOUR CAREER…….
‘ARE YOU 'CUSTOMER FOCUSED & TEAM PLAYER'
We Like That About You
Sandvik is a global, high-tech engineering group, providing front-line products and services for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has been in operation since 1862 and today employs some 40,000 people, working in approximately 160 countries. Our diverse solutions delivered by our highly qualified and proficient employees enhance our customers’ productivity, safety and their profitability.
We are now recruiting for a Data Analyst (P2) permanent position in our Dublin Office.
The Data Analyst will be responsible for supporting Sandvik’s S/4HANA transformation programme with design and technical execution of data migration ETL processes. The individual will be working in a team of Data Analysts responsible for securing efficiency and quality in data extraction routines from the source applications, conversion between data structures and secure data load into the SAP target application. The role will work closely with business analysts through testing cycles communicating error logs and supporting root cause analysis of load failures.
The role requires technical experience of working with large data sets and typical data management tools used to manage extraction, cleansing, transformation and loading of these data sets. Excellent communication (verbal and written), teamwork, and organizational skills will also be critical to executing the role successfully.
- Work with the SAP functional teams to scope and analyse the data migration requirements, including analysis of source system data structures and quality
- Support the business in the cleansing of data in the source systems
- Implement the data migration framework as per data migration architecture using SAP Data Services (Enterprise edition) and SAP Migration Cockpit
- Design the Extract, Transform and Load routines maximizing the use of the technology to achieve a high degree of automation in a performant way
- Build, test, execute and manage the data migration routines
- Execute preload and post load data validation of migration results, handle error logs and advise on data cleansing requirements
- Support the functional teams with the data reconciliation process
- Perform migration rehearsals, migration cutover tasks and post go-live support
- Create technical specification documents by utilizing data migration experience and computer programming knowledge
- Develop ongoing data quality monitoring procedures and reporting in S/4HANA utilising SAP Information Steward
- Provide advisory services to the business to understand their data management issues and advising on appropriate data management strategies
- Other tasks as required by your line manager
- 3+ years in a similar role
- Participation in a full ERP implementation lifecycle preferred
- Extensive training will be provided
Education, Licences & Certifications
- Bachelor in IT or an equivalent qualification preferable
What we offer:
- 22 days annual leave
- 4 Company Days
- Defined Contribution Pension
- VHI Health Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives – gym membership, wellbeing seminars, bike to work scheme
- Hybrid Working, Flexible start & Finish times
- New location in the IFSC from 1st May
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading and hauling, tunneling and quarrying. In 2021, sales were approximately 41 billion SEK with about 15,500 employees within continuing operations.
A glimpse of our culture
At Sandvik, we’re tech driven, innovative and entrepreneurial! For us, success is a team effort - we value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where people can be themselves and reach their full potential. So, we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our differences. We also give you the freedom to find that perfect mix between work, family life and interests. Visit our stories hub, LinkedIn or Facebook to get to know us further.
Diversity, Inclusion & Sustainability
Sandvik has a developed belief in conducting our business in a sustainable and responsible manner, both for our employees and the environment, wherever in the world we operate.
Our high ethical standards determine our policy of putting Safety at a premium, acknowledging and respecting the communities and giving due consideration to the environment in the areas we operate.
These core values, to prioritise the safety and well-being of our employees, are the foundation of how we work today. We also recognise the importance on inter-personal relationships and how those based on honesty, respect and trust, enhance our working lives and help each other’s growth and career development.
Equality of opportunity is fully supported and endorsed as an employer by Sandvik, while also welcoming the additional strength that diversity brings, by providing a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Reporting to: Data Management Lead
How to apply? Interested in the challenge? Please apply directly via the Workday Employee Self Service with the reference [O/S]. For further information regarding the recruitment process contact HRIreland@sandvik.com. Read more about Sandvik and apply at https://www.home.sandvik/career
Prior to this recruitment, we have already decided which advertising channels and marketing campaigns we wish to utilise, and we respectfully decline any contact from marketing or recruitment agencies regarding additional channels or campaigns.
The closing date for applications is 20th May 2022
Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid permit to work in the EU.
Deadline: Not set