IT Support Technician
Join the DSI Underground Family and become a member of a world class team!
DSI Underground is a leader in developing, producing and supplying innovative products and systems for Underground Mining and Tunneling. We support our customers in reaching a higher level of safety Underground. Its systems are known worldwide for innovation, quality and reliability. In order to live up to our high standards, we need employees who think along the same lines as we do. You will be responsible for assisting end users on all computer/telephone systems including administration, implementation and configuration of workstations and administration of services within the organization. This is a great opportunity for a candidate who wants to learn onsite support and is looking to start their career with a great organization set up for growth and expansion.
Your success is our success. That’s why we offer a broad range of development prospects and career opportunities within the DSI Underground Group. It is important to us that new DSI Underground employees become part of our wider “family” and share our values and our culture.
Reporting to the regional IT manager North America, you will be the IT Support Technician. This position will be situated in Saskatoon, SK.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Providing customer service as a front-line help desk support to all employees within the organization.
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting, maintaining, and upgrading hardware/software related to the following; user desktops and peripherals, monitors, keyboards, mobile devices, printers, multifunctional devices, Handhelds, Barcode printers Tablets.
- Provision of the new end user hardware and software to ensure functionality as the system, network, and end-user access requirements change.
- Incident management with the Service Desk tool.
- Troubleshoot access and ensure that users and systems are following the appropriate security guidelines to ensure data and systems are protected.
- Coordinate the development and management of technical and end-user documentation as needed, using the materials while conducting end-user training.
- Add, update, and manage user accounts, assisting end users with technical issues where possible.
- Adding moving removal of the user endpoints and crossing of the network cables.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Legal entitlement to work in Canada
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in technical support role
- Proficiency in English with strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system and applications such as Microsoft Teams, Navision, Office 365 and voice and video systems
- Extensive experience with PCs, smartphones, tablets, printers, barcode scanners, barcode handhelds troubleshooting and providing end-user support
- Experience with network problems troubleshooting
- Strong customer service and help desk solution-based experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work and interface with all departments as well as contract personnel
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, effectively manage time and prioritize workload
- Ability to travel occasionally overnight and out-of-province to other DSI locations within Canada.
With this opportunity, DSI Underground offers a competitive Total Compensation Package including fair and equitable wages, annual incentive program and comprehensive group benefits.
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to Jaime Joly at email@example.com. Please include in your cover letter why you are interested in the job and which skills, experience, and/or education make you an excellent candidate for DSI Underground.
The start date is as soon as the successful candidate is available.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates with cover letters and resumes who fit the needs of the company will be contacted.
Deadline: Not set