Data Engineer - To focus on Data and Information Architecture
Sandvik Coromant is the world’s leading supplier of tools and knowledge to the metalworking industry. At the forefront of global manufacturing, we pride ourselves on pushing boundaries and testing limits. In collaboration with our customers, we rethink, redesign, and redefine to figure out what is possible to achieve. Quite simply, shaping the future together!
In line with digitalization and Industry 4.0, our Digital Machining department plays a major role in leading our strategic direction, exploring new market opportunities, and creating unique digital solutions. For this exciting journey, we’re now looking for a Domain Architect – someone who is eager to work in close relations with our product teams and IT to create innovative solutions and add new value for customers and partners.
Why join us?
By joining us in the building of our digital machining offer, we give you a dynamic workplace with great opportunities to work within a company at the forefront of our field, and the chance to grow in your profession as we approach an even more digital future. The broad portfolio within Sandvik Coromant also opens for many exciting career paths.
We see diversity as a key success factor to bring innovative solutions to the market, and it’s natural for us to have people of diverse backgrounds and genders in our leading positions. With a 75-year long history, we have a solid foundation, but we still hit the ground running. Our strong core values form the basis of our work environment and enable success and flexibility in this global organization, where we collaborate across borders using new virtual technology and digital tools to increase our efficiency.
We’re looking for a highly motivated Data Engineer - focusing on data and information architecture to drive high priority initiatives on the Microsoft Azure Platform. You define and improve the architecture of our new generation of services, and you ensure that our new business is digital and primarily focused on the platform known as the Service Enablement Platform (SEP).
SEP is a digital business technology platform. The platform supports different users, such as developers and business users, while also supporting diversity in deployment. SEP relies on both on-premises and cloud apps and data sources, as well as IoT devices.
The new architectures are required to use technologies to promote the integration between the Front-End and Back-End procedures and in a much more evolved way than in the recent past. This is the intersection and integration of the digital business components that are now considered as being essential.
By participating in agile product teams, you ensure that sufficient technical knowledge and experience are available to deliver exceptional digital solutions according to the product plans. Your deep knowledge of relevant technological fields and industry trends guides the strategy and future product plans for Sandvik Coromant, Digital Machining. You also ensure that the developed products are aligned to other software solutions and that partnerships can be created with other major players in the area. You also support the digital machining strategy by delivering intelligent insights into industry trends, seeking strategic partnerships, and identifying innovative solutions on the market
As part of SEP Platform core architecture team, you will be contributing to the Data Modelling activities listed below to build scalable models:
- Understand and translate business needs into data models supporting long-term solutions. (CNC Machine IoT /Sensor data, CoroPlus Platform Data)
- Work with the Application Development team to implement data strategies, build data flows and develop conceptual data models.
- Create logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy.
- Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects.
- Maintain conceptual, logical, and physical data models along with corresponding metadata.
- Recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new environments.
- Evaluate data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies.
- Validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness.
- Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
- As part of SEP Platform core architecture team, you will be contributing to the Data Engineering architecture to address the ever-growing dynamic Industry 4.0 Data needs
- Define, Build and Modernize Data Engineering Pipelines in the areas of Data Collection, Aggregation, Storage, Exploration, Transformation and Presentation
- Design System to harmonize data from various sources like Customer CNC Machines, Enterprise Applications, IoT Sensors, Edge Gateways and Cloud Applications
- Architecture on Machine Learning Operation Pipeline (MLOps) – Build and Improve Data Pipeline to serve data to experimentation, build, training pipelines
- Improve the ML Ops maturity Level from No Ops to Full Automated ML Ops.
- Collaborate & Influence Sandvik Coromant teams across the globe to adopt the SEP Platform Data Engineering and Data Models for creating seamless data engineering pipelines
The location for this position is Stockholm or Sandviken. International travel is required. You’re part of a tight team and report to the Digital Machining Architect Manager.
Your skills and qualifications
You hold a bachelor's degree in either Computer Science or Engineering, while a master's degree is beneficial. You also have a good understanding of machining processes and a feel for customer values in this area, as well as experience in IoT solutions, both edge and cloud.
- An experienced practitioner in defining and managing the Logical, Physical and Conceptual Data Models
- Experience of standard data structures (MTConnect, OPC-UA Information Models etc.)
- Experience in Data integration & ETL/ELT
- 360 view of Azure Platform Service and its capability in covering the following with experience in deploying platform for enterprise customers.
- Service Oriented Architecture, Kubernetes, Docker Containers, Serverless/microservices (Function Apps)
- Data Integration Services in Azure -ADF, Event hubs
- Azure IoT Services – Azure IoT Edge, Stack Edge, Databox gateway
- Cosmos DB, Data Lake, SQL Servers
- Azure Synapse, Data Explorer, Data Bricks, Azure Analysis Service
- Handling & Management of Variety of Data like Structured, Unstructured and Semi-Structured from Multiple Data Streams (Including Real/Near-Real time Streaming)
Being both strategic and operative, you’re highly skilled at complex problem solving. You communicate with an excellent level of English, both verbal and written, explaining technically hard issues to others with ease, and knowledge of Swedish is beneficial.
How to apply
We have an ongoing process in this recruitment, so please send your application as soon as possible and no later 3th October 2021. Read more about Sandvik Group and apply at home. sandvik/career, Job ID: R0031615.
For more information about this position, please contact:
Nevzat Ertan, Chief Architect & Global Manager for Digital Machining Architecture, +46 (26) 26 65 03
Jessica Hill Holm
Union contacts - Sweden
Thomas Lilja, Unionen, +46 (0)26 266 659
Göran Norell, Akademikerföreningen, +46 (0)26 266 574
Peter Olsson-Andrée, Ledarna, +46 (0)26 261 984
To learn more about our recruitment process, please contact HR Services, +46 (0)26 261 444.
Deadline: Oct 3