Master Data Team Lead (M2)
DON’T BE IN THE DARK ABOUT YOUR CAREER…….
WE WANT YOU TO HELP US CREATE THE BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE FUTURE OF OUR COMPANY
The aim of the new SMR Business Intelligence team is to deliver business value by providing insights to business users within a short time frame. This objective will require modernised data architecture and a good understanding of our data domains. The team will shift its focus from tools and technology to understanding the business questions that need to be answered, and the data required to answer them. If you have a passion for data insights and delivering business value, then participating in this Business Intelligence transformation is for you.
We are looking for exceptional people to join our multi-cultural team located in Dublin. This is a fantastic opportunity to create the digital future for our organisation using the very latest Business Intelligence technologies, creating sustainable business benefits and supporting the execution of Divisional strategies.
As we are creating a new internal Business Intelligence competency in the Dublin office, this presents a great opportunity for learning and career development in this full-time position.
Sandvik is a global, high-tech engineering group, providing front-line products and services for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has been in operation since 1862 and today employs some 40,000 people, working in approximately 160 countries. Our diverse solutions delivered by our highly qualified and proficient employees enhance our customers’ productivity, safety and their profitability.
We are now recruiting for a Master Data Team Lead for a permanent role in our Dublin Office.
The Master Data Team Lead is responsible the execution and operations of the company’s Master Data Management (MDM) strategy. The MDM lead provides leadership, facilitation, analysis and design tasks for the development and ongoing expansion of the organization’s MDM solution. The MDM lead will be a key partner working with both functional and technical personnel to gather, manage, model, and document the detailed data requirements for master data solutions. In addition to this the MDM lead should also promote MDM enhancements to the business. Given the nature of MDM solutions, deep experience with data architecture and data modelling will be beneficial. The MDM lead will work closely with the Information Governance team to contribute to and set enterprise-wide data standards and ensure all conceptual and logical data modelling is complete. The MDM lead may be called upon to lead other data architecture initiatives related to enterprise solutions as directed by the Director of Business Intelligence.
Area of Responsibility
- Responsible for several or all aspects of IT within a designated area involving the definition, development, maintenance and operation of systems.
- Ensures the area´s technological level is up to date, conducting studies and implementing new procedures and techniques and the selection of hardware, software and supplies.
- Establish and Implement a master data governance framework, and supporting policies
- Work with relevant business owners to improve the processes for the creation and maintenance of my core master data objects
- Work with relevant business owners to define indicators of performance, data quality metrics and compliance with data related policies & standards
- Translate business use cases into master data solution utilizing process flows and data flow diagramming techniques
- Design and Build conceptual and logical data models from business requirements
- Create, review, and manage data models and aid developers for implementation of technical solutions
- Drive transparency of and improvement in data quality
- Educate business leaders and be an evangelist for the promotion and adoption of MDM solutions
- Working with the Information Governance Lead incorporate MDM concepts and operations into the overall data governance and data quality governance process.
- Provide oversight to more junior members of the data management group in support of MDM initiatives
- Evaluation of data management techniques and technologies that will support and further MDM capabilities within the organization
You are a highly motivated, delivery focused leader with superb interpersonal skills and a passion for excellence. You have a positive outlook, a can-do attitude and thrive on working in a multi-cultural team environment.
You have a strong working knowledge of Master Data Management concepts and experience of working on SAP MDG technology and a strong knowledge of data modelling techniques and writing business requirements. You are familiar and have a working knowledge of the ARIS data modelling tool. You can demonstrate strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy. You have experience and exposure to project management concepts and tools
You have exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, are proficient in the MS Office Suite and the ability to articulate complex ideas and findings. You are highly organised, with good planning and people management skills. You are educated to Degree level and have 3+ years of hands on experience working in a Master Data Lead role with the relevant SAP MDG certifications.
Some international travel will be required.
What we offer:
- 22 days annual leave
- 4 Company Days
- Defined Contribution Pension
- VHI Health Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives – gym membership, wellbeing seminars, bike to work scheme
- Flexible start & Finish times
Diversity, Inclusion & Sustainability
Sandvik has a developed belief in conducting our business in a sustainable and responsible manner, both for our employees and the environment; wherever in the world we operate.
Our high ethical standards determine our policy of putting Safety at a premium, acknowledging and respecting the communities and giving due consideration to the environment in the areas we operate.
These core values, to prioritise the safety and well-being of our employees, are the foundation of how we work today. We also recognise the importance on inter-personal relationships and how those based on honesty, respect and trust, enhance our working lives and help each other’s growth and career development.
Equality of opportunity is fully supported and endorsed as an employer by Sandvik, while also welcoming the additional strength that diversity brings, by providing a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Reporting to: The Director of Business Intelligence
How to apply? Interested in the challenge? Please apply directly via the Workday Employee Self Service with the reference [O/S]. For further information regarding the recruitment process contact Vanessa.Scott@Sandvik.com.
Prior to this recruitment, we have already decided which advertising channels and marketing campaigns we wish to utilize, and we respectfully decline any contact from marketing or recruitment agencies regarding additional channels or campaigns.
The closing date for applications is 30th June 2021
Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid permit to work in the EU.
Please click on Sandvik Home for more information about our company.
Deadline: Jun 30