IT Network & Security Analyst
IT Network and Security Analyst
Sandvik Materials Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a world-leading manufacturer of high value-added products in advanced stainless steels, special alloys, as well as metallic and ceramic resistance materials for the most demanding industries. Its cutting-edge expertise is based on an integrated production platform and world-leading metallurgy and R&D. Operations are divided into the following product areas: Tube, Strip, Kanthal, and Primary Products.
Key performance areas
As an IT Network and Security Analyst, you are part of the SMT IT Demand Area and are responsible for providing technical expertise in supporting the SMT network including network control software, routers, switches, lines, modems, adapters, and servers. Additionally, you ensure active safeguarding of SMT’s digital assets and control the management of digital security risks. The position reports to the IT Country Manager, Sandvik Material Technology, a department with responsibility for strategic IT solutions.
IT Network and Security Analyst responsibilities include:
- Support SMT sites within the Americas with Digital Security Advisory including reviews and assessments
- Support and liaise with the global Digital Security Team on incidents in the Americas region
- Ensure the implementation and adherence of Information and IT Security policy and guidelines for end users, information, and system owners
- Provide support to the systems/information owners in defining business requirements and setting firewall rules regarding availability, confidentiality, and integrity
- Have a comprehensive understanding of network services and protocols such as TCP/IP, OSPF and EIGRP, OSI model, and routing. Cloud experience in today’s environment a plus.
- Subnet and IP address administration/management (IPAM)
- Identify potential risks on the services provided and resources used by an application
- Conduct audits/act as advisor to safeguard that major initiatives are compliant from an Information Security perspective
- Installs, supports and/or maintains LANs and/or WANs; evaluates and recommends networking product and software upgrades
- Performs technical analyses of software, hardware, and transmission facilities using various diagnostic tools in support of efficient network operations
- Monitors data traffic and controls network resource performance to ensure high-quality transmission
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves technical problems related to network failure/integrity and usage of PC hardware and software
- Other day to day assignments as issued by Sandvik Materials Technology
- Travel up to 20% of time
You possess a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, equivalent education and/or experience, 5+ years of relevant experience, and strong technical documentation skills. Preference will be given to holders of CISSP, GIAC, CompTIA+ certifications in good standing. Cisco and/or Fortinet certifications in good standing is a plus.
You are a driven and enthusiastic self-starter with high attention to detail, excellent planning, and organizational skills. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, adapt well to change, and are extremely motivated. You have a highly developed ability to prioritize tasks, are confident in your decisions, and comfortable working under limited supervision. You are proactive and creative, decisive when the situation calls for it, and dedicated to applying new technological developments and concepts within the business. Your communication skills (verbal and written) are excellent and you are comfortable presenting in front of colleagues of all levels. You thrive in a global matrix organization and a strong team player with an excellent multi-cultural awareness.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental, disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please visit www.home.sandvik/careers to apply to the IT Systems Analyst position, Req# R0027787
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set