SECO Niagara Cutter is one of the world’s largest providers of comprehensive metal cutting solutions for milling, stationary tools, hole-making and tooling systems. SECO Niagara Cutter is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year old global industrial group Sandvik.
Great customer experience, operational excellence and digitalization are critical attributes in achieving our mission to become and stay ‘best in class unit’ for solid round tools production within Seco Tools and SMS.
To inspire and lead the production unit and our professional people, we’re looking for an openminded business- and people-growth oriented leader. Since the position includes the legal responsibility for the site, being able to represent the company in a good way is a must.
- Systems Engineer
- Normally scheduled Monday through Friday but may require other days as needed.
- Normally first shift (1st) but may require additional hours or other shifts as needed.
- On-site position
Participate in system evaluation, contributing with business process knowledge within the designated business process area..
Participate in systems development with evaluation of solutions within the designated business process area.
Participate in planning and performing implementation of applications within the designated business process area.
Document current business processes and suggest improvements within the designated business process area.
May perform training in IT processes and IT tools within the designated business process area.
Support IT users related to usage within the designated business process area.
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems as required
- Designing new computer systems and frameworks
- Troubleshooting technical issues
- Risk mitigation planning
- Collaborating with Business Analysts, Project Leads and IT team to resolve issues and ensuring solutions are viable and consistent
- Creating system guidelines and manuals for the organization
- Running training sessions and workshops on system processes
- Conducting regular reviews of systems and generating reports on efficiencies and improvement areas
- Structuring and prioritizing business requirements and communicating plans with stakeholders for review and approval
- Production maintenance
- Ability to stand, sit or be in other physically demanding.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
For immediate consideration, please apply on our website at https://sandvik.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/seco-jobs -OR by sending your resume and a statement of interest referencing to Niagara Cutter, 150 South Fifth Street, Reynoldsville, PA 15851.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set