Sandvik in Mebane, NC is looking for a
You are a seasoned HR professional who has cultivated their leadership skills through the years. You are considered a trusted advisor and strong decision maker and you are ready to take you career to the next level as the Benefit Specialist for a global industrial leader.
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for the mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials. In 2019, the Group had 40,000+ employees and sales of about 103 billion SEK in more than 150 countries.
We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who customer service focused, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role.
Sandvik is currently recruiting a Benefits Specialist to join our Human Resources Services team. In this role you will administer all benefit plans and programs offered by the company in the US. The Benefits Specialist is responsible for assisting with the administration of all benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, 401(k) plan and pension.
Some of your key responsibilities and essential duties include:
- Delivery of benefits administration for the business across one or more activities with a concentration on the benefits life cycle.
- Administer benefit programs across the full range of benefits offered in the US including eligibility, reporting and compliance.
- Coordinate the retirement process for eligible employees and pensioners.
- Administration of daily activities as they relate to the benefits processes, reviewing tasks created by the Benefits system for approval and processing.
- Responsible for any benefits filing generated by enrollments, as required, verification of benefits coverage status in benefits system.
- Preparation of new hire paperwork and instructions regarding how to enroll thru our Benefits Portal, along with follow up to ensure timely enrollment.
- Coordinate mailings as needed by the company regarding benefit updates or updates needed for the Benefits Portal of information.
- Corresponding with employees regarding benefit elections made to ensure accuracy.
- Other correspondence of information as required by benefits processes.
- Interact with employees/retirees daily around questions with claims or general inquires around benefit plans provided.
- Preparation for employees’ service and retirement awards.
- Processing of life claims.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in an HR arena with benefits exposure
- Minimum 2 years HR experience with a benefits concentration
- Knowledge of Customer Service Concepts and techniques; ability to meet and exceed customer needs and expectations while providing service in a direct and indirect manner.
- Must have ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in both a constructive and collaborative manner at all levels of the business
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Bi-lingual English – Spanish a plus
- Experience is Workday HRIS a plus
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please visit www.sandvik.com/careers to apply for the Benefits Specialist position, Job Requisition #R0040045.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set