Senior Payroll Analyst
Sandvik in Mebane, NC is looking for a
Senior Payroll Analyst
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability, and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for the mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials. In 2019, the Group had about 40,000+ employees and sales of about 103 billion SEK in more than 150 countries.
We are looking for a Senior Payroll Analyst to oversee the way we compensate employees and ensure all payments are accurate, compliant, and on time. This role will provide advanced analytics and reporting support to the Payroll team to assess trends, themes, issue resolution, and strategy development for payroll processing. This role requires a strong understanding of payroll/time processes and multi-state payroll laws and regulations.
The Senior Payroll Analyst responsibilities include reviewing payroll data and documents for accuracy and efficiencies, checking whether all amounts are accurate based on hours worked and ensuring payments are made on time and payroll is compliant. To be successful in this role, you should have excellent analytical skills. Ultimately, you’ll help us maintain an efficient payroll process that complies with all federal and state regulations.
In support of over 2,500 multi-state employees, this role will identify process enhancements and mapping to continuously improve the payroll function through utilization of advanced Excel skills, Workday and Ceridian Payroll.
Key Performance Areas
- Oversee payroll procedures
- Design, document and implement procedures to streamline payroll processes
- Prepare reports and forecasts for senior management
- Ensure compliance with all compensation and tax regulations
- Review timesheets and attendance records and correct inaccuracies
- Prepare and submit all necessary paperwork for tax deductions, benefits, and garnishments
- Analyze compensation-related data including wages and bonuses
- Conduct regular audits on payroll procedures and records
- Manage payment calendars for the fiscal year
- Report to management on payroll issues and changes
- Answer employees’ questions about salaries and tax
- Managing payroll aspects of mergers and acquisitions to meet project deadlines
- Manage multiple payroll projects efficiently
- Stay up to date on state and federal payroll and tax laws and payroll best practices
- 2-4 years of proven experience as a Payroll Analyst, Payroll Coordinator or similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of state and federal payroll and tax regulations
- Hands-on experience with payroll software, Ceridian Dayforce preferred
- Familiarity using Excel and spreadsheets
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple priorities quickly and accurately respond to constantly changing demands
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please visit https://www.home.sandvik/careers/ to apply to the Senior Payroll Analyst position, Job Opening # R0032874.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set