Retirement Benefits Specialist
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Mebane, North Carolina
- Job-ID: R0026505
- Job category: Human Resources
Sandvik in Mebane, NC is looking for a
Retirement Benefits Specialist
You are a seasoned HR professional who has cultivated their leadership skills through the years. You are considered a trusted advisor and strong decision maker. And you are ready to take you career to the next level as the Benefits Specialist for a global industrial leader.
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for the mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials. In 2019, the Group had 40,000+ employees and sales of about 103 billion SEK in more than 150 countries.
We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role.
Key Performance areas
Sandvik is currently recruiting a Retirement Benefits Specialist to join our Human Resources Services team. In this role you will support operational and governance excellence for Sandvik’s 401(k) and Pension Plans. The Retirement Benefits Specialist will support day-to-day administration, operational evolution and compliance filings/audits for the US Retirement function while also interfacing with employees and managers at all levels of the organization to support employee engagement.
- Preparation of retirement benefit calculations for deferred vested and
retirees, including initiating payments from plan trustees
- Preparation of census data for the annual actuarial reports, 401(k)
testing, employee benefit statements and ad hoc benefits surveys
- Preparation of annual 5500 returns, summary annual reports, and
other statutory reports
- Collection of data required to prepare annual reviews of medical
premium payments from retirees
- Communications with retirees on pension and medical issues
- Communications with payroll departments on disability plan payments and tax withholdings made by insurance carriers
- Assist in providing education to Business Area Human Resource/Benefits Administrators
- 401k Weekly Plan Funding Reconciliation
- 401k Compliance monitoring for plan limitations and loan delinquencies
- 401k Testing – data integrity aligns with 401k recordkeeper
- Maintain & monitor the Retiree Medical relationship with UHC
- H S A Weekly Plan Funding Reconciliation
- Summary Plan Description updates
- Life Insurance for retirees
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Prior 401(k) Plan administrator experience (minimum 3 years)
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills (verbal, written, auditory) with the ability to comfortably interface at all levels, both internally and externally
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented
- Ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment, while meeting deadlines
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential employee data with discretion and professionalism
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (strong excel skills required)
- Prior HRIS or Workday experience is beneficial to the role
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please visit www.sandvik.com/careers to apply for the Retirement Benefits Specialist position, Job Requisition # R0026505.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set