HR Advisor - Employee Development
- Deadline: 3 May
- Country: Canada
- Location: Lively, Ontario, Mississauga, Ontario
- Job-ID: R0026070
- Job category: Human Resources
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is seeking a
HR Advisor – Employee Development
Location: Sudbury, Ontario or Mississauga, Ontario
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. At Sandvik we are committed to teamwork and believe in the power of developing ideas and solutions together. We leverage our shared passion, diversity, open-mindedness, and cooperative spirit to shape the future of our industry and, with it, the path of your career.
We are currently seeking an HR Advisor – Employee Development to join our team to provide guidance to Managers and Employees in support of Human Resources related matters including but not limited to: Learning and Development, Competency Mapping, HR Communications, Global Mobility and Workforce Analytics.
- Manage, coordinate, and forecast training needs. Develop and implement learning programs based on the forecasted needs of the business (social learning, webinars, other learning portals, Workday Learning).
- Facilitate identified internal training sessions.
- Design development programs and tools and manage the implementation and on-going support for each.
- Collaborate with managers to provide guidance and tools to assist with developing team members and creating employee competency development plans and competency mapping.
- Administer Learning & Development SharePoint site, Intranet site and Learning Management System.
- Work with senior leaders to develop succession plans while incorporating diversity and inclusion, and change management
- Support in the performance management process and ensure all employee development plans and other specific initiatives are fully integrated and congruent with the overall talent development strategy (employee and career development).
- Administer and track training on an ongoing basis through the HRIS to ensure compliance standards are met, provide reports when required to update stakeholders on the status of completion.
- Connect with business partners and remain current with L&D trends to identify effective toolkits and processes.
- Build communications plans, establish goals, and develop deliverables for cross-functional initiatives to meet defined objectives.
- Support managers in the administration and tracking of the apprenticeship programs in the various provinces and territories.
- Coordinates assignment and mobility related activities including assignment cost estimates, assignee documentation, departure and/or arrival support, identifying cultural or language training needs, support with respect to all Canadian immigration matters.
- Other duties as assigned by the HR Advisor Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business or a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in a Human Resources Generalist role with focus on learning and development, management support and people development
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bilingual in both French and English is considered a definite asset
- Maturity and balanced judgement based on solid HR background
- Experience and proficiency with HRIS systems, experience with Workday considered an asset
- Computer proficiency with related programs (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Captivate or other tools to create interactive video training)
- Self-starter with demonstrated initiative
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
Our core values are the soul of the company. They guide us in our actions and daily business decisions. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are a core value (Fair Play). We are a company with an open-minded culture, actively working to create a workplace that is characterized by diversity and inclusion.
We are innovative leaders in technology and take pride in our agile customer-focused decision making. We are ethical and compliant, dedicated to health, safety, and sustainability. We establish market leadership through empowering our employees, providing strong performance management and continuous improvement opportunities.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive compensation package including a retirement savings plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits, ongoing development, and training.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the HR Advisor – Employee Development Job Requisition #R0026070.
We thank all applicants for their response, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Sandvik welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process .
Deadline: 3 May