- Deadline: 14 May
- Country: United Kingdom
- Location: Neath
- Job-ID: R0025662
- Job category: Human Resources
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and sustainability. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry and rock excavation within the construction industry; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating.
At the Sandvik Osprey site located in Neath, South Wales, world leading highly advanced materials are produced for a wide range of applications. The two main products manufactured by Sandvik Osprey are metal powders and controlled expansion alloys. It’s an exciting time to join the company, as we are in a period of expansion and growth and we are looking for talented individuals to help us on that journey.
ABOUT THE JOB
As the In-house Trainer, you will have responsibility of co-ordinating the training activities within Sandvik Osprey and to deliver courses on a number of operational competencies required across the site. As part of the Health, Safety and Quality team you will be involved in training and also internal audit and quality administration. In addition, responsibilities will be:
- Co-ordinate all training for the site. this includes: booking courses, scheduling training, diary management, procuring and vetting suitable suppliers, raising PO’s, maintaining training records.
- To deliver training on a number of courses in which you would be trained to be an accredited assessor. For example, become an accredited FLT instructor and manual handling instructor.
- Maintain unit training files
- Work with Managers, H&S, HR, Supervisors to ensure all employees are up to date with relevant mandatory training and manage re-fresher courses as required.
- Manage the internal audit schedule: run reports on compliance, carry out audits as
- part of internal auditing team, co-ordinate other internal auditors.
- Create and deliver ad-hoc in-house training courses as required.
- Deliver site induction for new starters.
You will have enthusiasm, drive and be confident in teaching, training and instructing individuals and groups. You must be IT proficient in all Microsoft packages and be highly organized and pro-active in maintaining the company’s training compliance. Experience in coordinating training is desirable.
If not already an accredited instructor FLT, Manual Handling, Abrasive Wheels etc., you must be willing to undergo a significant amount of training to become an accredited instructor. You must be flexible in your working hours to deliver training that accommodates production schedules and shifts.
Usual hours 8am-4pm with some flexibility to deliver training to shifts outside of these hours when required.
Deadline: 14 May