US Payroll Manager
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Mebane, North Carolina
- Job-ID: R0025534
- Job category: Human Resources
Sandvik in Mebane, NC is looking for
US Payroll Manager
You are a seasoned HR professional who has cultivated their leadership skills through the years. You are considered a trusted advisor and strong decision maker. And you are ready to take you career to the next level as the US Payroll Manager for a global industrial leader.
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for the mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials. In 2019, the Group had 40,000+ employees and sales of about 103 billion SEK in more than 150 countries.
Key performance areas
Our ideal candidate has exceptional leadership and critical thinking skills, strong sense of urgency, attention to detail, and possesses experience managing payroll teams. This role will be in Mebane, NC and will report to the US Human Resources Shared Services Manager.
- Leads and guides a team of 6 Payroll employees in the execution of the US payroll process for over 3200 employees
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions
- Partner with the businesses, IT and vendors to support long-term projects in improving processes and workflows through new technologies
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
You possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required. Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and eligible to work in the United States. Possess 5-7 years of related experience with at least 2 years of managing payroll teams.
- One or more years of experience in an influential enterprise or multistate organization; union experience a plus.
- Experience working with sensitive and confidential information with adherence to strict data privacy rules.
- Experience working with payroll systems; Ceridian Dayforce preferred
- Experience using Workday preferred
- Ability to lead teams in a diverse and complex payroll environment
- High Level of proficiency in Excel required
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and organization skills
- Ability to think critically and objectively and conduct complex problem-solving
- Ability to take initiative and multi-task under pressure
- Ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines
- Versatile interpersonal skills and ability to empathize with and understand a wide range of personalities, cultures, and perspectives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please visit www.sandvik.com/careers to apply for the US Payroll Manager position, Job Requisition # R0025534.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set