Global Mobility Specialist
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Mebane, North Carolina
- Job-ID: R0025152
- Job category: Human Resources
Sandvik in Mebane, NC is looking for a
Global Mobility Specialist
You are a seasoned HR professional who has cultivated their leadership skills through the years. You are considered a trusted advisor and strong decision maker. You are ready to take you career to the next level as the Global Mobility Specialist for a global industrial leader.
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for the mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials. In 2019, the Group had 40,000+ employees and sales of about 103 billion SEK in more than 150 countries.
Key performance areas
As the Global Mobility Specialist, you will manage and administer Sandvik's global mobility programs in the USA.
Additionally, the Global Mobility Specialist will:
- Implement Sandvik's Global Mobility strategy and philosophy to support the business strategy with an objective of compliance and operational efficiency
- Serve as the main point of contact for vendors and third parties
- Be responsible for maintaining vendor relationships to ensure delivery of quality benefits and services
- Ensure compliance with current legislation/regulations and monitor legislative and law changes; updating plans and plan documents as needed
- Provide consultation and advice to the regional business and HR teams on aspects of the assignment process. Provide relevant and regular briefings and guidance to various stakeholder groups (HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, Procurement, Legal, Payroll, Government Relations, Compensation and Management) where necessary to ensure awareness and compliance
- Evaluate individual mobile employee issues that require special handling and recommend appropriate resolutions including policy exceptions for business approval
- Partner with internal stakeholders and outside legal counsel for document processing of nonimmigrant visas and work permits, PERM applications, immigrant visas, and other tasks needed to support the immigration program
- Administer US Resident/Green Card processing activities such as job descriptions, postings and advertisements, educating managers and employees regarding the process as appropriate
- Maintain work authorization, including I-9 forms, for nonimmigrant workers
- Manage procurement and invoicing processes and tracking for immigration spend
- Participate in Global Mobility special projects and tasks
- Collaborate on and complete Ad hoc projects and reporting within the US HR functions
Furthermore, you are a self-motivated and directed individual who strives to achieve agreed upon business objectives. The ideal candidate will possess the agility to adapt plans and priorities to meet service and/or operational challenges.
You possess an University Degree, preferably in Human Resources or Business Management. The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of demonstrated experience in an HR Mobility function and must possess an in-depth knowledge and experience in a wide range of international employee transfers and external vendor management.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please visit www.sandvik.com/careers to apply to the Global Mobility Specialist position, Job Requisition# R0025152.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set