Payroll and Benefits Specialist
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
- Job-ID: R0024642
- Job category: Human Resources
Sandvik Materials Technology in Clarks Summit, PA is looking for a
Payroll and Benefits Specialist
Sandvik Materials Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a world-leading manufacturer of high value-added products in advanced stainless steels, special alloys, as well as metallic and ceramic resistance materials for the most demanding industries. Its cutting-edge expertise is based on an integrated production platform and world-leading metallurgy and R&D. Operations are divided into three product areas: Tube; Strip, Wire and Heating Technology; and Primary Products.
Sandvik Materials Technology has an excellent opportunity for a Payroll and Benefits Specialist at our Clarks Summit, PA location.
Key performance areas
The Payroll and Benefits Specialist will administer the activities relating to the company payroll, benefits and Human Resources information system processes including developing, implementing and monitoring. The individual will be a subject matter expert with all payroll, benefits and Human Resources information systems administration. This position will report to the Payroll and Benefits Manager.
Additional Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Maintain employee records
- Process payroll including reviewing hours from time and attendance system
- Entering tax and direct deposit information
- Process garnishments, tax levies and support orders, and other adjustment to pay as necessary
- Respond to unemployment claims in timely manner
- Process express checks
- Administer benefit programs including enrollments, terminations, daily inquiries, open enrollment
- Prepare/revise and distribution of benefit materials
- Participates in audits to ensure wage, taxes, enrollments and dependent information is correct
- Participate and assist with projects as required
- Work with SMT personnel at multiple sites to ensure data collection routines are complete and accurate prior to submission
Candidate to possess a Bachelor of Business Administration/Finance, Accounting Degree preferred. (Additional equivalent experience could replace a portion of the education requirement.) A minimum 3 plus years in a Payroll and/or Benefits. Ceridian, Workday experience a strong plus.
Language / Math / Reasoning / Logic / Computer Communication:
- English is the primary language of Sandvik. The use of secondary languages may be useful in keeping with the local culture.
- Incumbent should possess satisfactory math, reasoning and communications ability.
- Advanced computer skills to perform duties and responsibilities, research, create presentations and access information is critical.
- Communication with SMT sites at all levels is essential.
We offer a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ for the Payroll and Benefits Specialist position, Job Requisition ID# R0024642.
Sandvik Materials Technology is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set