Payroll and Benefits Manager
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
- Job-ID: R0024209
- Job category: Human Resources
Sandvik Materials Technology in Clarks Summit, PA is looking for a
Payroll and Benefits Manager
Sandvik Materials Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a world-leading manufacturer of high value-added products in advanced stainless steels, special alloys, as well as metallic and ceramic resistance materials for the most demanding industries. Its cutting-edge expertise is based on an integrated production platform and world-leading metallurgy and R&D. Operations are divided into three product areas: Tube; Strip, Wire and Heating Technology; and Primary Products.
Sandvik Materials Technology has an excellent opportunity for a Payroll and Benefits Manager at our Clarks Summit, PA location.
Key performance areas
The Payroll and Benefits Manager will be responsible for the administration of Payroll and benefits for Sandvik Materials Technology (SMT) sites within the United States. These responsibilities include executing and validating calculations, ensuring timely and accurate distribution of pay and deductions. Additionally, administer the benefit programs to include enrollment, claims resolution, change reporting, and approving invoices for payment. This includes record retention, reports and accounting to general ledgers within company parameters and according to current legislation. Responsible to take the initiative to utilize best practices, processes and reduce cost.
Additional Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Work with SMT personnel at multiple sites to ensure data collection routines are complete and accurate prior to submission.
- Ensure accuracy of employee deductions and including that of union contract agreements.
- Update Payroll System to reflect personal use of leased vehicle, relocation and tuition.
- Generate payrolls (paychecks) from Ceridian and review reports for reasonableness.
- Provide that SMT is compliant with company policy, union contract rules and payroll/benefits law.
- Ensure that payroll/benefit bookings and reports are timely and accurate, and that record retention is according to U.S. law.
- Ensure Ceridian (Payroll Provider) has all information necessary to file tax returns.
- Collaborate with SMT Human Resource and other personnel at each SMT location to establish and implement best practices and continuous improvement to include payroll/benefit processes such as Time & Attendance and other aspects.
- Provide information for financial audits.
- Coordinate yearly Open Enrollment Meetings.
- Arrange for distribution of materials from carriers and process changes with deadlines.
- Conduct new employee orientation.
- Ensure employees understand benefit programs.
- Work as liaison with insurance carriers/broker and employees to resolve issues.
- Complete salary, benefits, and other HR related surveys.
- Respond to more complex, escalated inquiries from Team members and check the work of others.
- Coach and mentor team members and assign tasks to ensure that the team’s resources are used effectively.
- Other tasks or assignments as required by management.
Candidate to possess a Bachelor of Science in Business (Accounting or Human Resources) (Additional equivalent experience could replace a portion of the education requirement.) Certified Payroll Professional.
A minimum 5 years of experience in processing Payroll and/or Benefits administration. (Manufacturing/Union environment a plus.) Knowledge of IRS and US payroll and related tax laws. IT skills with excel, Ceridian, Workday and demonstrated ability to work in a Microsoft environment.
Attention to Detail Quality Awareness
Tolerance for Stress Teamwork
Individual Leadership Planning and Organizing
Technical/Professional Knowledge Continuous Improvement
Problem Solving Communication
Language / Math / Reasoning / Logic / Computer Communication:
- English is the primary language of Sandvik. The use of secondary languages may be useful in keeping with the local culture.
- Incumbent should possess satisfactory math, reasoning and communications ability.
- Advanced computer skills to perform duties and responsibilities, research, create presentations and access information is critical.
- Communication with SMT sites at all levels is essential.
Physical demands / Mental Demands & Work Environment:
- Normal office conditions.
- Stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Willingness to work holidays and weekends as needed.
- Long periods of concentration and attention to detail.
- Organization of multiple simultaneous priorities.
- Ability to react to constant change.
- The incumbent should expect to work in an ever-changing environment with a continuous variety of contacts.
We offer a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ for the Payroll and Benefits Manager position, Job Requisition ID# R0024209.
Sandvik Materials Technology is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set