- Deadline: Not set
- Country: Canada
- Location: Mississauga, Ontario
- Job-ID: R0021902
- Job category: Human Resources
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is seeking a
Payroll Specialist – Part-time – Monday to Wednesday
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology (SMRT) is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. Our offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
We are seeking a Payroll Specialist – Part Time to ensure that all aspects of payroll are processed in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with all applicable corporate policies and legislations. The successful candidate will work with the Payroll Manager and the team to ensure compliance with legislative requirements for the full annual payroll cycle.
- Review time and attendance system entries, including adjustments for abnormal regular, overtime, absences, sick time and vacation hours.
- Review and process STD leaves and paid STD hours
- Process new employees, transfers and position changes
- Process terminations and termination pay, including severance, lieu of notice, outstanding vacation pay and gratuity amounts.
- Prepare ROE’s upon terminations
- Process a variety of payroll forms ensuring accuracy and completeness of information
- Process and document payroll adjustments as required, using transparency and accurate backup documentation
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll reports of earnings, hours worked, post-commit reports and month-end reports for various business units.
- Prepare reconciliations for payroll accounts as requested
- Assists in the yearly preparation of T4s and RL-1’s and various annual payroll reporting as requested
- Assist in the calculation and reporting of provincial WCB requirements
- Respond to all payroll related inquires in a timely and professional manner, including external government bodies and internal stakeholders
- Maintain payroll provider system and personnel records
- Support all internal and external audits related to payroll
- Monitor and interpret new legislation impacting payroll
- Work as a part of a team to continuously improve processes, practices and efficiency of day to day payroll operations through proactive and efficient problem- solving techniques
- Other tasks as assigned
Safety and Environment
- Complies with Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Responsibility to identify and report any unsafe work habits, workplace incidents and / or near misses. Perform risk assessments (“Take Five”) prior to each task.
- Maintains hand tools and equipment to ensure safe operation.
- Maintains orderly work area and ensures housekeeping requirements are met.
- Attend Environmental, Health and Safety related trainings.
- Wear the required personal protective equipment (PPE) assigned for each task.
Required Skills and Education
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner certification
- Minimum of two to three years’ experience in a multiple provincial payroll environment
- Experience with Dayforce payroll system and Dayforce time and attendance system considered an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel including V-Lookups and Pivot Tables
- Knowledge of the complete payroll cycle
- Ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work well with employees at various levels of the organization
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Adaptable to changing situations
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills
Sandvik offers a comprehensive compensation package including a retirement savings plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits, ongoing development and training.
How to Apply
Qualified individuals can apply online at www.sandvik.com/career to the Payroll Specialist opening #R0021902.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
We thank all applicants for their response, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline: Not set