Senior Payroll Specialist
- Deadline: 29 Nov
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Mebane, North Carolina
- Job-ID: R0021652
- Job category: Human Resources
Sandvik in Mebane, NC is looking for a Senior Payroll Specialist.
Are ready to take you career to the next level as the Senior Payroll Specialist for a global industrial leader?
The Senior Payroll Specialist will be responsible for the review of accurate and timely payrolls in compliance with federal, state and local payroll and regulatory requirements, as well as managing multiple special payroll projects and programming. The individual will be pivotal to ensuring the successful operation of all Payroll related functions. You will excel in this position if you are passionate about Payroll operations and have solid Ceridian-Dayforce Payroll experience. In this role, you will be involved in all facets of Payroll for a multi-national organization and will have the potential to expand your knowledge and develop professionally.
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for the mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials. In 2019, the Group had about 40,000+ employees and sales of about 103 billion SEK in more than 150 countries.
Key performance areas
As the Senior Payroll Specialist, you will collaborate to ensure that the organization's payroll is consistently processed accurately and on time.
Additionally, the Senior Payroll Specialist will:
• Demonstrate critical thinking as well as expertise in Payroll programs and processes
• Work as subject matter professional on issues relating to payroll subjects such as special/unique payrolls, 401K administration, etc.
• Analyze and review staff information to assure the right application of local, state and federal rules in all the states where operations are carried out
• Keep abreast of current payroll tax requirements and advise management on pay practices
• Prepare and create periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions
• Provide customer service to all location HR representatives and employees, as well as effectively communicate payroll-related information
• Manage and process payrolls, including the identification and resolution of errors in the preparation of data, calculate payrolls within a defined timeline, keying, coding and deciphering appropriate payroll data
• Manage garnishment process; review all information for consistency and accuracy and provide direction to fellow team members on appropriate procedures
• Support the submission of tax, garnishments and bank files to appropriate external agencies
• Maintain confidential department records and office files in accordance with internal company procedures and legal requirements
• Participate in the onboarding of external acquisition companies into Centralized Payroll processing
• Create/edit ad-hoc reports within the HR/Payroll software and provide accurate data to management when requested
• Serve as Payroll point of contact for employees within a geographical or functional area
• Develop and Maintain strong HR/Payroll policy knowledge
• Complete special projects, duties, audits, and internal control verifications as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree or High School Diploma with 5-8 years of experience in a corporate Payroll function. You must have Ceridian – Dayforce Payroll software experience and a demonstrated ability to work in a Microsoft environment. The candidate shall possess superior customer service orientation, exceptional communication skills and outstanding skills in Excel.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please visit www.home.sandvik/career to apply for the Payroll Specialist position, Job Requisition # R0021652.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: 29 Nov