Senior Mining Engineer
- Deadline: 13 Nov
- Country: Canada
- Location: Mississauga, Ontario
- Job-ID: R0013470
- Job category: Engineering
For over 150 years the name Sandvik has been synonymous with quality and customer focus. Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the automation industry. Our offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Currently we have an opening for a Senior Mining Engineer located out of Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal or Sudbury.
The Senior Mining Engineer is responsible for assisting customers with strategic best practices and sustainable safety and cost. Their goal is to maximize customer productivity and reduce operational waste without compromising safety and compliance.
We are searching for a highly experienced engineer who is results driven, analytical and has experience in operational change and productivity improvements. If taking initiative comes naturally to you and you love working in an environment where no day is like the last, then you could be just what we are looking for!
- To bridge the gap between customers and Sandvik by consulting to optimize mining processes.
- Promoting Sandvik’s superior applications knowledge.
- Contributing to product & service development (innovation, fit-for-purpose designs).
- Ensure that major tenders support customer needs and represent best practices, thus increasing our chances of securing sales: engage customers on a senior level (decision makers) and influence equipment specifications.
- Promote Mine-2-Mill concepts for overall process optimization.
- Provide input into the development of new offerings and product specifications.
- Communicate needs between key customers, R&D institutions, and Engineering Houses.
- Lead projects for our customers in the areas of mine planning and mine optimization.
- Identify business opportunities for Sandvik offerings during Trans4Mine projects in a timely manner and ensure they are followed up by the relevant Sales Area(s).
- Participating in needs analysis, studies and audits to streamline processes and recommend ways to improve them.
- Proficient and experienced in Project Management.
- Knowledge of general Microsoft office software packages (Word, Excel, Project, Access, Visio and PowerPoint).
- Experience with Mine Design, Planning and Scheduling software and applications (ex: Deswik CAD, Deswik Scheduler, Simio).
- Mining process knowledge (customers and applications).
- Understanding of Sandvik’s offering, business model, and strategic targets.
- Creativity and flexibility to deal with ambiguity and unfamiliar situations.
- Proactive, self-starter.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills while adhering to Sandvik’s long term vision.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills including fluent business English.
- Strong analyzation skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable Mining and Jurisdictional Legislative framework and related governance and compliance requirements.
- Willing to travel (likely greater than 30% of the time).
- Minimum 15 years of experience in the mining industry
- Experience with mechanized mining equipment and mining process applications
- Providing consulting, process improvement, digital transformation/change management in an industrial or mining environment considered an asset.
- Project management experience considered an asset.
- Degree in Engineering relevant to the mining industry (i.e. Mining, Reliability, Electronic/Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial related disciplines) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificate in Business Administration/Development/Leadership considered an asset.
- Certificate in Project Management/Change Management considered an asset.
Sandvik offers an excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits as well as ongoing development and training.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Senior Mining Engineer, requisition R0013470. We thank all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Sandvik welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.